Options
2»

Replies

• jocelinemmuise
    Options
    Great work...... :)
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome work!! May I please ask how you you did it exactly...obviously following the mfp diet plan but did you also increase your excercise?

I had started running back in Feb 2010, did a couple of 5K races and worked up to ~20 miles per week. However I made the terrible mistake of thinking that because I was running, I could eat like a rhino, so despite doing 4 days a week of running, i actually put on weight. Finally in Dec 2011 when I realized I had to be in a 36" waist to be comfortable, I came across MFP, started with a 1200 calorie/day, and upped my running to 35-45 per week. The pounds melted off initially but the weight loss has slowed a lot in the last month or so, it took me 3 weeks to drop the most recent ~1.5 lbs. I'm not unhappy where I am now, but I'd like to hit 150 even, which sounds like a good number for a guy as short as me (5'7").

The weight loss has helped my running immensely though, I used to have a lot of ankle and knee pain, but since dropping a lot, the pain is largely gone. I'm actually doing my first half marathon tomorrow morning.

Anyone feel free to add me on here if you like, I'll keep you all in line :)

take care
    pete
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    wow--love the tee-shirt !!!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    wow--love the tee-shirt !!!

Spartan Race - I worked hard and got quite dirty for the right to wear that! :)
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!