Anybody ever go 25 days without seeing a single pound drop?

Options
have been on Mfp for 25 days keeping track of my calories and doing 45 minutes of cardio with 20- 30 minutes of strength training 3-5 days a week mostly 4 days... Well I do have success because I have lost from my legs, waist, hips, neck, and arms a total of 10 inches... Though I am not frustrated at this because I am very happy with that loss But I just feel Like I should at least have lost 1 pound so far? but nope not a single pound Has anybody else gone through with this? I'm def. not complaining but I would like to weight less then now..

Replies

• vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I heard that can happen, especially if your burning fat but building muscle, which weighs more than fat. I'm also doing the 30 day shred & alot of people have said they don't lose alot of lbs but they lose alot of inches. I'm only on day 3 today, so I have some time to wait & see how it goes for me :)
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You could just be gaining muscle. And that is a good thing!
  • Treesy72
    Options
    Yep, I took 10 days off and ate at maintenance and ended up dropping 6 lbs this week after going back to my calorie deficit.

Although it sounds like you are building muscle where I was at a plateau.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I went the first 3 months without losing any weight and loyally logging on MFP. I had to eat more protein, add in a few more calories and workout at a more intense level before the pounds started coming off.

I also had been guestimating my portions, and I was way over on my guesses. I started weighing/measuring everything, and I was really surprised to see how small amount a tablespoon of peanut butter or salad dressing actually was. I had probably been eating 300-500 extra calories a day just by underestimating my portion sizes.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im at 695 days.
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    I went the first 3 months without losing any weight and loyally logging on MFP. I had to eat more protein, add in a few more calories and workout at a more intense level before the pounds started coming off.

I also had been guestimating my portions, and I was way over on my guesses. I started weighing/measuring everything, and I was really surprised to see how small amount a tablespoon of peanut butter or salad dressing actually was. I had probably been eating 300-500 extra calories a day just by underestimating my portion sizes.

So add more cals.? I'm like up to 1650 right going off of my bmr and I try to eat back my exercise calories and I don't know how i could add more cals as i struggle with keeping up with 1650 calories But I'l give it a whirl lol Thank you
  • liketheseaa
    Options
    I have heard with working out and eating right you often drop sizes before the weight begins to come off. The important thing is the inches you have lost. Congrats there! I have several friends I work out with who know from experience about the inches and then the weight. It sounds like you are doing great!
  • microbio72
    microbio72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This always happens to me when I start exercising and you are losing inches, so that is good. It usually takes me about 6 weeks after starting a new exercise commitment before I see the scale move. Congrats on your inches lost!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    My longest was 3½ months.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I started MFP mid March and did not get lower then my starting weight till Mid May, in fact in April I was over 5 pounds higher, despite reducing my food intake, and increasing my exercise by at least 400%. After that I was losing 2 pounds a week, but now I'm stuck again.
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    You're losing inches and you are gaining muscle and that is great !!! You may be at a plateau which I think just about everyone gets to at some point. If you have been doing the same exercise/cardio routine for a while, maybe try to change it up a bit or add a few extra minutes. The scale was not moving for me, but then I changed my workout routine and worked out longer and the scale started to move again.
  • tylee68
    tylee68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yup lol one month 2 pounds lol..how frustrating
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Okay, you're not adding muscle. You're just...not. That's not how that works, nor does muscle weigh more than fat.

However, there are a few things that could be going on:

1. Sodium. Do you track your sodium? Excess sodium causes water retention which can keep the scale from moving. This "bloat" can result in the loss of several pounds once the extra water leaves.

2. Water retention in your muscles. You say you've been working out...have you been lifting weights? Your muscles need water to help them repair, and once again this water can add weight. Over time, you should see this go away.

3. Overeating. Do you measure/weight everything? What looks like just a few calories can add up very quickly and quite soon you're eating at maintenance instead of a deficit.

4. Do you drink plenty of water? This can also help "flush out" the pounds, especially if your sodium is high.
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    Okay, you're not adding muscle. You're just...not. That's not how that works, nor does muscle weigh more than fat.

However, there are a few things that could be going on:

1. Sodium. Do you track your sodium? Excess sodium causes water retention which can keep the scale from moving. This "bloat" can result in the loss of several pounds once the extra water leaves.

2. Water retention in your muscles. You say you've been working out...have you been lifting weights? Your muscles need water to help them repair, and once again this water can add weight. Over time, you should see this go away.

3. Overeating. Do you measure/weight everything? What looks like just a few calories can add up very quickly and quite soon you're eating at maintenance instead of a deficit.

4. Do you drink plenty of water? This can also help "flush out" the pounds, especially if your sodium is high.
    I am tracking my sodium level. I am not lifting free weights but weight machines. the only thing i drink is water and an occasional morning black coffee. I measure everything but I do not own a scale so I do estimate on my weights
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    What is your sodium set to?

Even though machines are not as effective as free weights, you could still be retaining some water in your muscles.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water...enough that you pee clear.

Invest in a scale. A couple ounces of meat or pasta over is quite a few calories.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I feel you in this struggle. I definitely need to get a food scale.

Maybe changing up the exercise type? I know when I was doing the same thing I stopped losing after awhile. Or try splitting up your workouts into two at different times of the day?
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep. I thought it was only 3 weeks but looking at my progrees report here it was a whole month! My measurements changed so I knew eventually I'd see in on the scale. but on eof those weeks was TOM and I also was retaining water in my muscles b/c I was working then harder than htye are used to. Just this week the scale stared moving again.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Even though machines are not as effective as free weights, you could still be retaining some water in your muscles.

Invest in a scale. A couple ounces of meat or pasta over is quite a few calories.

Agreed. I had been stuck at the same weight since March. Even though I had lost 106 lbs previously. I started weighing my food with my scale again last week and turns out even I thought I had my "estimates" under control, I didn't. I was eating more than I thought. I've lost 2 lbs this week, the only big change I made was weighing my food again.
  • jwilson3787
    Options

MFP set it to 2500 i drink 14- 19 glasses of water a day
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    I went 6 weeks w/o seeing any change. I was so mad.