First 20 lbs and NSV I actually noticed

Options
Used to trendy diets, starving myself with salads or just eating crap, MFP has been a big change for me. I've been going slow, watching not only my portions, but being truly aware of what ingredients I use to cook our meals. I've only been weighing once a week and honestly until this morning, I really felt like nothing had really changed. Sure some of my pants were a little loose around the waist, but I figured that could be easily solved with a safety pin.

Well, this morning, armed with my safety pin, I dressed for work in a pair of slacks. I started to pin the waist, but realized that not only had the pants become more loose, but also longer! My highest heels were still swimming in the length. I tugged them off without unbuttoning them and declared victory in my first 20lbs lost!

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    awesome!
    it's funny that you posted this because I just noticed that a few of my pants are too long now too. I hate hemming pants, but it's worth it!
  • juliette28
    Options
    That's great! I also think it's wonderful that you are gradually making healthy changes that will last a lifetime. Like you, I have a history of trendy diets--none of which ever kept the weight off, so this time I am going for lifestyle change rather than "a diet to get the weight off." MFP is really helping with this. Wishing you continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • clehman71
    clehman71 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! I had to laugh when I read it because I just had to go purchase new pants because all of my are too big to just belt in place. The pants do seem to have gained some length too!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome & a good feeling as well.
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    awesome!
    it's funny that you posted this because I just noticed that a few of my pants are too long now too. I hate hemming pants, but it's worth it!

Fabric tape from Walmart! I am too lazy to hem them...the tape works great and has lasted through multiple washings so far :smile:
  • Pam020
    Pam020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is unreal!! I noticed this same thing today!! It's getting cooler here to I got out a pair of jeans. Hmmm...started here in June in a tight size 18. I grabbed my size 16's put them on, they are sooo loose, and LONG. I lost a lot of inches, so the missing fat isn't here to hold them up!!!

Oh how I love it here! Off I go to donate the 16's and pull out a 14!!
    Still a long way to go, but ITS WORKING and its the HEALTHY WAY!!!

Thank you everyone, I am always on here and the support and inspiration is amazing! :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!