Any 5'10" guys out there that have had success?!?

Options
No but seriously, what is with all the female posts wanting to hear success stories from people that are their exact height? I don't get it.

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    WHOA!

I just think he was curious.

Women's bodies are all different, Psus...we like to see our height with a certain weight because 140 looks different on different heights.

Men could do it too, but they probably just don't care about that--- they want muscle, they aren't looking at weight, maybe-- I dunno.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    No but seriously, what is with all the female posts wanting to hear success stories from people that are their exact height? I don't get it.

on the exceptionally short female side.. They're not only small, but they have little muscle mass... so when you set a hypothetical "floor" for minimal calorie intake, that is very close to what some of them have for calorie burn, you end up with a very narrow window for caloric deficit.... ontop of that, the smallest (hehe) of additional calories throws it off. they're usually looking for "if its possible to lose" support.

on the flipside of that, very tall women are rare.... and as larger people they have different goal weights.. sometimes much higher.. so they're usually looking for "what could I look like at X pounds" kind of success stories....
  • anapestic
    anapestic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm usually 6' tall, but sometimes after a rough night, I can only get to 5'10". Does that count?
  • psuskifan
    psuskifan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your informative and not hateful response to my question. Its nice to see that people on here (other than Kate) support each other.
  • blipblip314
    Options
    Fellow 5'10"er here and have had plenty of success. I weighed 203 in early May and now about 172 when weighing myself in the morning before eating. Relatively active in those 5 months without going to the gym...
  • Fellow 5'9.116623" here. Kate I believe you owe PSUSKIFan an apology. It honestly seems like he was just curious and asking an honest question. Why all the hate kate? For someone who is preaching about finding support on these forums, I don't see you doling it out. I'm reporting you to the moderators if you don't apologize. You don't deserve to be on these forums.
  • capauk
    Options
    Yup! I've lost 32 lbs and only have 2 more pounds to go before I reach my ideal weight!!
  • jhavila
    Options
    Hmm, looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. ;) Anyway, I'm 5'10" w/ success. My before and after (in progress) was posted in another thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/739953-100-lbs-and-counting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!