Charlie's Dumb-*kitten* moments

Options
2»

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Charlie went to Candy Mountain. That was his dumb *kitten* moment and he paid for it with his kidneys! There's a lesson here, kids.
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i tore my ACL dancing lol.

i was getting down and the next thing i knew i was on the floor wondering what the hell happened! :laugh:
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    One time I was at a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. There was a long line to the bathroom and there was a TV playing the game that was visible from the line. The lady in front of me was obviously wearing a Cubs game and I asked her who the Cubs were playing and if they were home or away. I WAS AT THE GAME.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I damn near knocked myself out with the car door the other day. Wasn't paying attention when I went to get in and somehow moved my head into the direct path of the door. SMACK! It's been two days and I still have a good sized lump on my forehead.

A week ago I bought a bike at a garage sale. Left it there and arranged to come pick it up later as I wanted to make sure I had enough room in my car after a day of running around. Finished out the day, couldn't find the place. It was late in the day and they had taken their sign down. Of course, I didn't think to write that address on anything. Searched for 45 minutes, finally said screw it. Went home and was telling my neighbor about it and he was able to give me directions ( he's a garage sale fanatic) So here I show up on their doorstep the next morning for my bike. They thought it was hilarious.

But this one takes the cake, and I still haven't figured out what the heck I did. The night before the garage sale incident, I hard boiled 18 eggs. I remember doing this. I wrote on the carton "hardboiled". When the eggs were done, I placed them in the carton and put them in the fridge. Couple days later my mom went to make an egg salad sandwich. "where the hell did you put the hard boiled egge??" All the ones in the hardboiled carton were raw. We check the other carton- raw. Where the hell did I put the hard boiled eggs?????

Seriously starting to think I may be going a little bit crazy
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I run into walls, door frames, tables, etc. All the time.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    It's another car story!
    Went to IKEA hubby wanted desk and power chair, you know the sort, big black leather thing with arms etc.

Put boxes in the little XR2 we had back then and surprise surprise the back hatch wouldn't close. His solution, put the seats way forward and then the boxes fitted in.

We get in the car I'm 5 foot 9 and he's 5 foot 11, we can't get in the seats. His solution squeeze himself in and push back on the seat till it goes to it's normal position.

Slight physics thing going on, we've managed to re write the laws of physics some how! I get out and notice the rear window lying on the floor, he's pushed so hard the glass has popped out!

That was an expensive trip to IKEA, and some how was my fault! Still don't get that!! lol!
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi. We have all had these moments. Times when our brains turn off all logic and reasoning. Please feel free to share your own moments here.

Mine is a simple one. I was at Ikea, buy something for my daughters room. I have a friend who works there and she said I could borrow her car since it had more room to fit the boxes. I loaded the boxes, got in the car, and it would not start. I was like, well, mabey the doors need to be locked....no, ok, the seat belt needs to be locked....no, after 10 minutes I gave up trying and decided there must be a kill switch. I walked back into Ikea and explained the problem to my friend....she then says, did you press the clutch down far enough...........clutch????????oh f-me, it's standard....The store had a good laugh at me expense. Espially since I did not notiv=ce the big shift box right beside me. hahaha

When I moved to Canada (from the UK) I borrowed my cousins car and couldn't understand why it wouldn't start, she had to explain to me that I had to put the clutch down to start it! Why is it different to in the UK - why can't it be the same???