Goodies at Work - AHH!

Options
What do you guys do when people bake cookies/cupcakes and bring them into work? I am new at cutting down MAJORLY on sugar and it's not so much the calories, but the sugar. Eating something a little something sugary makes me want MORE sugar and leaves me feeling icky.

It seems like I am surrounded by sweets every Friday at work!

Replies

• tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't do it! I stay as far away from them as I can. You'll feel so proud of yourself when you go home without having any.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Or plan B: Have some in moderation, and increase your exercise to compensate.

Edit: typos
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    that is easy... pick either a cookie or cupcake..cut it in half...throw the other half away so your not tempted to eat it.
  • meer__kat
    meer__kat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I work somewhere that takes photos of food, and they always set out the leftovers for anyone to take. This past months we've been doing holiday photos, so it's been a never-ending round of pies, cakes, chocolates, etc. AND they set it all out RIGHT across the hall from my desk!

It's soo tempting, esp when everyone else is digging in... but I just tell myself, just bc it's there and free doesn't mean I have to indulge, this isn't the last cake/cookie/whatever in the world.

Since you know it happens on Fridays, you can prepare by either building in a little "bad" snack to your diet on that day--to prevent a bigger binge--or making sure you have some fruit or whatever stashed away, that always helps me.
  • liketheseaa
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Will definitely try packing a 'bad' snack on Fridays. Coffee also helps me in the afternoon when I am most tempted, I think it happens when I am sleepy :)

Have you guys tried the Kashi Soft Square things? SOOO yummy and great for a 'treat'
  • jecberry
    jecberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found this post because I my downfall used to be salty snacks. Now that I've mostly cut those out, I guess I'm left only with the muffin I sometimes get with my morning coffee, the candy jar I keep filled at work or the treats a coworker sometimes bakes (she's amazing.) Read: Sugar.

Well today was a doozy; I had half the muffin in the morning and then, when I thought I was doing alright avoiding the candy jar in the afternoon, I was faced with two unexpected choices in home-baked goods.

Does anyone have any tricks (like p.m. coffee or Kashi soft squares) up their sleeves? Sometimes I can resist. But for those days when I can't, having a stash of something might help...
  • bowling_king_82
    bowling_king_82 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. The supervisors buy doughnuts and set used to set them on the end of the desk in my cubicle. One day I asked them to please put them in the next cubicle. He gave me a little grief but I moved them and said if they were back in my cubicle I was going to throw them away. Haven't had a problem since.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Ha ha resist!