Calories burned?

Options
I just did Billy Blanks Tae bo insane abs and it was really hard! I went to add it to my exercise journal and it's not in the data base. I've tried googling in but all I can find is "up to 800" calories. That doesn't help me :( Anyone know how to figure it out? I did 64 minutes between the tutorial and workout. I'm 5'3 and 136 pounds.

Replies

• lorelieschaefer
    Options
    I had the same problem, I do Zumba and Total Gym. I went and bought myself a Sportline Heartrate/calorie monitor, it's a watch that you wear on your arm and you can track your heart rate for every excercise you do and it will track your calories burned for each activity. It was the best purchase I have ever made!!!! I am in Canada and i got it it at Sportcheck. I burned way more calories with Zumba than just adding in General or high impact aerobics from the database so highly recomend it. It was around the $50 I got it on sale, there are way more expensive ones but this one will do what you want it to do.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I like this activity calculator at caloriesperhour: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

It says for 1 hour of Vigorous Tae Bo you burned 925 (for Moderate 740). It takes into account weight but not age. My guess it that's still a little high. Probably some of that time was warm up and cool down. The only way to know for sure would be a HRM. I just ordered mine b/c I'm like you (5'1" 134) and just a couple hundered calories makes a big difference so I need it to be right.

If that's true and you did burn over 750 in an hour, then maybe I need that dvd. lol!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This is why I suggest if you consistently workout, just change your active level in your account setup. For example, if you workout 5 days a week, set it at moderately active over sedentary and not eat back exercise calories. I do the P90X/Insanity Hybrid and do not wear a HRM and I have no issues with cutting fat and maintaining lean body mass.
  • mamajewell
    Options
    I like this activity calculator at caloriesperhour: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

It says for 1 hour of Vigorous Tae Bo you burned 925 (for Moderate 740). It takes into account weight but not age. My guess it that's still a little high. Probably some of that time was warm up and cool down. The only way to know for sure would be a HRM. I just ordered mine b/c I'm like you (5'1" 134) and just a couple hundered calories makes a big difference so I need it to be right.

If that's true and you did burn over 750 in an hour, then maybe I need that dvd. lol!

I typed in the info and it is telling me that I burned 987 calories!
  • mamajewell
    Options
    This is why I suggest if you consistently workout, just change your active level in your account setup. For example, if you workout 5 days a week, set it at moderately active over sedentary and not eat back exercise calories. I do the P90X/Insanity Hybrid and do not wear a HRM and I have no issues with cutting fat and maintaining lean body mass.

Good idea!