How do I get thin thighs?

Options
I'm a typical pear, with more weight on my lower half than top. I really want to slim down my thighs and wondered what the best exercise was. Have recently started running, and also do a fitness DVD and walk the dog. Any ideas much appreciated!

Replies

• melissalynnlarue
    melissalynnlarue Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can spot-tone the muscles in the thighs - Jillian Michaels' "No More Trouble Zones" has some great moves. Otherwise, the only thing that will get rid of the weight will be cardio, cardio, and more cardio! :) At least that's what Jillian says... ha ha...

Good luck - it sounds like you're on the right track!
  • ErinSarah12
    ErinSarah12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I found that yoga did wonders for my thighs. If you don't want to pay for studio classes, the P90x Yoga is pretty good!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I was watching the Miss America contestants on that TLC special do the normal on your hands and knees raise your leg up and back (more for glutes), but also holding the leg out (think a boy-dog "relieving") and then returning the leg to the original place. Moves like that, lunges, squats, etc. can help build up the muscle in your thighs and perhaps slim your bottom half! But also celebrate being a pear - lower risk of heart disease, will ALWAYS look thinner when sitting down, etc.

Good luck!