Most creative things you've come up with

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
In order to get your kids to behave? My son is currently smack dab in the middle of a "HUGE SCREAMING JERK" phase. So at my wits end I came up with something......

If we can tell the kids about the Easter Bunny, or Santa, or even the tooth fairy...

I can create "Francis the birthday skunk"

Francis is a friendly little skunk who bring kids their birthday presents. He carries them in a basket in his mouth. Spraying the presents of bad children.

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    A leash
  • Craine1998
    Craine1998 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Brillo Pad Warning! ( as told to my four daughters)

Be very careful if you open the cupboard under the sink because the Brillo Pads live there. ( Brillo Pads are wire wool cleaning pads for scrubbing pans etc)

Brillo pads have teeth and they can BITE!

Worked and even now 21 year old daughter hangs her head when you ask if she wants any Brillo Pads!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I made a flyswatter out of a coat hanger, cardboard, and duct tape.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    To keep my children in line before they really understood I paddled their backside. When they were little they needed to know I make the rules and they obey. As they aged I told them I would spank them for Disobedience, Dishonest, or Disrespect. My kids behave now because from the time they were little I didn't let them get away with any of the three D's.

You want your child to behave? Beat him when he violates one of the three D's. He doesn't have to even understand why violating those are bad - he simply has to know you'll expect more from him.

Of course I allow for kids to simply be kids and sometimes get upset. I taught them to know the line between losing their temper really fast (that happens. No worries) To blatant disobedience. Never. NEVER give in to a kids' whining.

:)

We never did 'santa' because like GOOD germans we opened gifts Xmas Eve. We never did easter bunny (although we do egg hunts) because it was silly. We did tooth fairy though - until the kids asked about the reality. I even asked women from work to hand-write letters to my kids from Tooth Fairy. :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    and you hit your kids with it? thats pretty cool
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Get an electric fly swatter and watch them spark.... Trust me on this one.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    when my little brother was going through that phase id walk over to the phone, start punching random numbers and tell him i was calling santa so he could be put on the naughty list

...that made him stop
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    A leash

As long as we're at the pet store...shock collars.

(No, I never did. But I wanted to!)
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My sister used to tell her kids that a little man lived in their nose and if they picked it, he'd bite their finger off. I'm not sure if it worked or if they just outgrew the nose-picking phase.
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Time outs didn't work so well with my kids. However, being forced to watch Barney videos worked wonders!!