Banana soft serve

Options
2»

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I have a Yonana machine. You put frozen bananas in and out comes soft serve icecream. Its really good :)

I'm jealous, I want one of those, but hubby said no.....hahaha I'm gonna ask for it for Christmas, lmao
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I used to freeze them and put them through my Omega juicer, the frozen yogurt, ice-cream tip attachment on the end. And then mix in nut butters, cinnamon, cocoa powder... whatever. It's really good stuff.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Do you have to add water or just the frozen fruit?
  • tmauck4472
    Options

I add milk, makes it creamier, I only add 1/4 of a cup so it's not that many added calories and only after everything else is looking like gravel.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I never added liquids. But I guess you could. It really didn't need it.
  • tmauck4472
    Options

I never added liquids. But I guess you could. It really didn't need it.

I have not had luck with it coming together without the milk.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    With strawberries
    dessert.jpg

And yes it's yummy. Will load some more pics when I'm done with Zumba later
    funny-pictures-cat-is-amazed.jpg
  • danigirl056
    Options
    I bet this would be good with coconut milk. I will have to try it!
  • TeriLynnSpano
    TeriLynnSpano Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump:drinker:
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a Yonana machine. You put frozen bananas in and out comes soft serve icecream. Its really good :)

What is difference in the Yonana and a food processor? Or even a juicer? If fruit is frozen, would they still seperate the bulk? or work like Yoanana? Trying to decide if I really need to purchase that machine. I also have the machine that turns and stirs the frozen bowl. I really want try these recipes, but hate the idea of another device with only 1 specific purpose. Any suggestions or should I get the 'Gizmo'?:ohwell:
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Slicing bananas to freeze right now!

Now I know what to do with the bananas that are too ripe to eat as is, but still good.

And I can have a totally guilt free dessert!

Best idea ever. Thank you.
  • rmcgreal
    Options
    In a blender I put about a whole frozen banana, and maybe a cup of vanilla AlmondBreeze almond milk, and a small amount of cocoa. Its a yummy alternative to ice cream of fro yo from a store! For the frozen bananas its easier to cut up the bananas into slices before freezing and then put them in a container in the freezer instead of cutting the already frozen banana!
  • makeupmuse10
    Options
    bump
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have since done some research and while a blender may take a bit more effort because of the frozen bananas bulking up, having to redistribute, until smooth, I saw where the Bullet was used. Check out You Tube! That impressed me! Gotta get busy and start enjoying!!!! Ummm Cocoa, blueberries, strawberries, vanella, rum, strawberries, kiwi, peanut butter, rum, raspberries, favorite flavorings, rum(flavoring:wink: ).........:tongue: