nsv, 8 inches in 2 months... and more

Options
ok... so I am really kicking myself for losing my first set of measurements... because the first measurements I have are after I had already lost 30#

sw340
cw~262
gw150ish

31 Dec 08 310#
waist 53
hips 64

24 July 2012 -270#
neck -14.75
bicep - 18
forearm - 11.5
bust -40
waist - 49.5
hips - 58.5
thigh - 28.5
calf - 18

21 Sept 12 weight ~262# (can't weight d/t broken foot and digital scale, need two feet for it to register)
neck 14.5
bicep 17.5
forearm 11
bust 40
waist 45.5
hips 57.5
thigh 26.75
calf 18

in the last two months I have lost 8 inches overall... and this makes a total loss of 7.5 from my waist and 6.5 from my hips... and 16 from my bust... (I know the waist and hips were larger... but I can't find my original measurements... I am in shock... I can't deny that I am getting there!

I have kinda been freaking because I broke my foot 27 Aug and the working out has been put on hold... (strict doctors orders to be non weight bearing on that foot... although I have been doing seated ab work and lying ab work and push ups on my knees... I am kinda going psycho on this couch!!!) I couldn't imagine how this whole weight loss could still happen without working out! Also I have a digital scale... and it says I lost 19# (pretty much overnight) so I can't trust it until I can stand on it evenly with both feet... so I was very worried that I would gain :(

I keep looking at those numbers though... and I am in shock... I mean... I have lost (more than) 7.5 inches from my waist...

I just wanted to share... because if I can continue to lose inches even while I am on the couch... you can do it too...

edited: to change the formatting... my table didn't copy right

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Whoa! That is awesome! Sorry to hear about your foot, but that makes it twice as good that you are still working on it. It's what we do during times of adversity that is the true measure of our grit.
  • marissah2005
    marissah2005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yay Jen!
    Last night, after our long walk and putting my baby to sleep. I was thinking maybe it'd be OK to skip the workout tonight.
    Hubs said it'd be OK if we just do some abwork together - so we did that.

I was about to sit in front of the TV when I thought of you. I told my husband, "hey, I know a lady that broke her foot and she's still working out. I can't use taking a walk as an excuse not to work out."

so I got off my butt and did my workout DVD. Thank you!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yay Jen!
    Last night, after our long walk and putting my baby to sleep. I was thinking maybe it'd be OK to skip the workout tonight.
    Hubs said it'd be OK if we just do some abwork together - so we did that.

I was about to sit in front of the TV when I thought of you. I told my husband, "hey, I know a lady that broke her foot and she's still working out. I can't use taking a walk as an excuse not to work out."

so I got off my butt and did my workout DVD. Thank you!

I am crying and laughing right now :sad: :laugh:

I feel blessed :happy: I am glad that you worked out... especially with your hubby... I never feel sexier than when I am leaving the gym :flowerforyou: :wink:
    Whoa! That is awesome! Sorry to hear about your foot, but that makes it twice as good that you are still working on it. It's what we do during times of adversity that is the true measure of our grit.

before I "lifestyle changed" (I hate to say " started this diet") this would have been an excuse to just let myself eat whatever I want "because I deserve it" or "I am in pain, I have to soothe myself" or any number of dumb excuses... I usually gained between 15-30 # EVERY time I was sick/injured/had stressful life happenings/etc..

I decided this was not that me...

this me is a different me...

:flowerforyou: new me :heart:
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    this is pretty amazing! well done! and best of luck for your remaining journey! :D
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    this is pretty amazing! well done! and best of luck for your remaining journey! :D

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!