Hello, I'm new!

Options
Hello, hello, my name is Erica. Nice to meet you all. I am trying to change my eating lifestyle and turn to a more nutritious diet. I am at a very high risk for diabetes and heart problems, I have IBS and aching joints (yay for young arthritis)... so anyway, I'm trying to go gluten-free (as I hear that can help with IBS and lowering inflammatory issues) and then lower sugar, or at the very least, healthier sugar... so honey, fruit, etc. I downloaded this app to help me keep track of what I'm eating each day and so far I really love to play with it. I find it cool to scan everything I eat :) Yeah, I'm a nerd.

My husband and I are also trying to have a baby, so, since I'm old (yeah, 35 to baby doctors is way past prime) and overweight (I like fluffy) we will have a hard time with that... so we'll see how it goes. I do already have two children from a previous marriage.

It's nice to meet you all and I wish you the very best of luck!

Cheers

Replies

• cowboysfan82288
    Options
    Hi Erica. I'm Mark. Welcome to MFP! Best wishes on your journey achieving your goals! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :happy:
  • cowboysfan82288
    Options
    Excuse my profile pic. I lost a bet. Lol
  • Maraleen_M
    Maraleen_M Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, Erica - and welcome to MFP!! I'll send a friend request to you.. I'll cheer, motivate, encourage and kick your *kitten* any time you need it!! lol :)
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Excuse my profile pic. I lost a bet. Lol

Ouch , bro...that sucks. i watched that game and cried, lol.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...im always up for new friends and motivation.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you like!
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi Erica! Welcome to the club! :) Feel free to friend me if you want some support. :) Good luck. (I also like the word 'fluffy' to describe my squishy parts!!)
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the fast hellos there. Here I was sitting at the computer thinking of what to keep myself occupied and *poof* the internet fairies have delivered. I'll go through and add those of you who have invited me to do so. I made my diary public... I think.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Added you!!