Telling people your are preggo before 3 months?

Options
I have heard several people say that its not good to tell others that you are pregnant before the 3 month mark. The reasons vary from people just being superstitios, so the fact that something can easily happen in the first 3 months and then you have to tell eveyrone nevermind....

The thing is, I don't think I could keep that kind of secret for 3 months.....

What is your take?

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with superstition. In the first 3 months you are at a higher risk for a miscarriage. After 3 months, your chance of having a miscarriage is significantly lower.
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    Never did.. both times.. But I did have some friends who did that lost there baby early like that and they really wished they had waited because telling and retelling was very hard on them
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    most miscarriages happen before 3 months and i think its more to spare you having people come up and say how far our u now ect if you have lost the baby theres a lower risk after 3 months .. thou i broke at 8 weeks and told everyone =/ it was soo hard...
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    We told our family and a few close friends but that was it. once the 12 eeks can was by with we told everyone that night
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's hard to unring a bell. Telling immediate family is one thing. Announcing it before 3 months is something that should be considered carefully.
  • JanineJacques
    Options
    I defo wouldn't, it would be too painful to have to tell all those people if you didn't make it pass 3 months and then people still asking you how the pregnancy is going when it is no longer.........that would be terrible!!
  • Good point... I guess I'll just tell hubby, and wait to tell our families.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I just found out I am preggers. I am 7 weeks today. I was 5 when I found out. I told my family and close close friends and my mfp friends (cause they are sooo cool) but other than that I am waiting til after the first trimester. If it was up to me I would shout if from the top of a mountain but the boyfriend wants to wait. Soooooo.. my lips are zipped til them.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Really, you only have two months of waiting, since typically, a person finds out at least a month along. Not too bad.
    I would be comfortable telling my family and closest friends, because they would be able to offer me support if something did happen. Other friends and co-workers, though, would have to wait.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    It's hard to unring a bell. Telling immediate family is one thing. Announcing it before 3 months is something that should be considered carefully.

^^ I think it would just be so much harder to have to tell more people if something were to happen. We told our parents and that was it.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not and have not been in the situation, but I already know I'm the type of person that couldn't not tell my closest 20 friends. And on the same token, if something bad did happen, I couldn't suffer through it alone, I'd need those 20 friends to help me through