Breakfast and Snack Suggestions

I normally don't eat breakfast and I want to start. I can not eat milk(dairy products) nor sugar.

Any suggestions?

Also I need some snack ideas. I know fruits and vegetables, but any suggestions??

Thank you all!!

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    2 eggs over medium 140cal, 2 slices healthy life wheat bread 70cal, black coffee 2cal - 212 calories and filling till late lunch for me. add butter or jam for added calories. this was my go-to choice for days about a week ago. Now I'm on fruit and toast. Lol
  • Plain oatmeal for breakfast. It's very filling and good for you.

A sandwich, and a salad for lunch.

Snacks are fruit or crackers with cheese. Yogurt.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    almond milk and cereal is tasty too - I pick a type of cereal so I get at least a cup a serving and add a banana. Banana and peanut butter on toast is good but a touch high calorie. wheat thins and a laughing cow wedge is a great snack. edys 1/2 fat slow churned ice cream is a nice treat for 120 calories. add a cone for 20 calories and its a great sweet treat
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    I usually eat oatmeal - regular or steel cut - for breakfast. There are lots of ways to make it so it can provide some variety. I also like an egg over-easy on dry toast. Om nom nom. Sometimes I will bake some healthy yummy breads or muffins to have on hand for breakfast too, especially for breakfasts on-the-go.

I love to snack. I like snacking on nuts like pistachios and almonds. Greek yogurt, applesauce cups, I like to buy little snack bags of carrots or sugar snap peas, raw green beans. Larabars.

I've also been known to walk down to the drug store and grab some Whoppers (lol) on a ****it day.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Oatmeal is great. Also, Snackwells makes an oatmeal raisin bar that is really good.
  • I do not like oatmeal, cereal or sweet breakfasts so I have always had a hard time finding breakfasts. I make savory muffins so they are easy to take to work and heat. This week I tried these and LOVED them, you would just need to omit the cheese.

Breakfast Potato Bites To Go Recipe
    1 package of pre shredded potatoes (I used simply potatoes found next to the eggs in the grocery store)
    3 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 finely chopped onion (optional)
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and thoroughly grease a mini muffin pan (you may need more than one, I used 1 plus 5 mini muffins). Pour potatoes into a bowl, add the salt, garlic powder and onion, stir to combine. Pour in the egg and give it another stir, then add the cheese and mix it all up. Spoon into mini muffin tins and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops and edges begin to get crispy. Eat warm, or cool and freeze into individual packs and heat for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Yay, breakfast is make for the whole week!

As for snacks - I am hypoglycemic so all I do is snack all day :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Popcorn and crackers make good snack along with nuts
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    any reason why you want to start? if its just because people say its healthier then dont listen; if you dont like eating breakfast than theres no reason for you to eat it; it doesnt matter if you eat 76 times in the day or 2 times; what matters is that you take in the correct amount of calories :)
  • any reason why you want to start? if its just because people say its healthier then dont listen; if you dont like eating breakfast than theres no reason for you to eat it; it doesnt matter if you eat 76 times in the day or 2 times; what matters is that you take in the correct amount of calories :)

I don't know about this one "76 times or 2 times.. correct calories" - I agree that she should not start eating breakfast just because someone said its healthy but isn't it better for your metabolism to eat numerous small meals throughout the day as opposed to one or two big meals. I mean what if you save all 1300 calories your allotted in one day to have a double cheeseburger?
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Baked oatmeal with fresh fruit. Can make a pan of it and have breakfast made for the week.
  • I get severe heartburn, and my dr. suggested I try eating in the morning, as this is when is starts. i am also trying to break down to eating more often. I am a splurger. I find myself not eating all day and then gorging myself. I need to break that habit as well
  • Kalebdylan
    Kalebdylan Posts: 15 Member
    I have 2 low fat waffles 1/2 banana and 1tbsp almond butter in a sandwhich every morning. I leave for work at 5:45 and have a hard time eating that early, so I make it before I leave and it is easy to eat when I am ready to at work.
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    I lightly saute some zucchini and peppers about a cup a piece .... whip up about 6 eggs and add to the skillet. Scramble it up and then seperate it about 3 ways. It's about 250 calories a piece and I knock out a serving of veggies. Add a little shredded pepperjack and some salsa! BAM!
  • 01katrina
    01katrina Posts: 16 Member
    I also don't care for sweet / cereal breakfast foods.
    I'll have a breakfast sandwich with a whole wheat sandwich thins or bagel thins & a couple of scrambled eggs (or Eggbeaters) and 1 piece of lean Canadian bacon or ham
    I usually add a little shredded cheese - but you can omit
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    I get severe heartburn, and my dr. suggested I try eating in the morning, as this is when is starts. i am also trying to break down to eating more often. I am a splurger. I find myself not eating all day and then gorging myself. I need to break that habit as well

Oatmeal and bananas both made my heartburn MUCH worse, so watch what you eat! Has he tested you for GERDs (a reflux)? Avoid anything fatty, chocolate, tea, coffee (for some, not me) and don't take ibuprofen or aspirin products.
  • I currently don't drink ANY caffeine, or tea products. I don't like bananas LOL so that is out. I don't eat anything with sugar, unless it's natural like in fruits. I don't use sugar additives like splenda etc.

I have been tested with GURDS, and I don't have it . I don't take ibuprofin either *shrug*
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    I like Thomas Light Whole Wheat English Muffins with some Jiff creamy peanut butter. I think that is delicious and filling.
    I also like Quinoa with eggs and salsa and steel cut oatmeal with 1 slice of diced bacon. If I'm not eating cereal, I'm going to eat something warm and yummy.
  • Two toasted bread slces filled with peanut butter or a fruit salad with no sugar, I take cerals with a chopped banana and nuts plus 2 ts of honey in the tea because milk bothers me too sometimes so I don't drink it everyday, the bacon eggs with ashed potatoes are just a complete breakfast full of the proteins you need to start the day!