Excited and motivated! :)

Options
Hello everyone! I joined MFP about a little over month ago. I am super excited to report that in 5 weeks time, I have lost 9 lbs and that by strictly adhering to an exercise regimen, usually 5x a week, I have lost 15 3/4"!!! I have a lonnnnnnnnng way to go to reach my goal weight, but my short term success, so far, has exceeded my expectations. I am literally over the moon today, after weight and measurements check-in. Not going to give up this time!! If anyone would like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so, as I only have one and we could all use a cheering section!

Replies

• lmdee73
    Options
    WOW! That's great! You have every right to be "over the moon." That is some accomplishment!
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Congrats - 9lbs in 5 weeks is a lot of progress in a short amount of time towards your overall goal! Friend request sent!
  • michellep1963
    Options
    Excellent! And good work. Reading your success motivates me to keep working at it. I just started one week ago and stumble across this site while browsing top apps for mobile phones. It has been so encouraging to read so many success stories and individuals who are actually doing it right. My goal is to re-educate myself with correct portions and choices.

Congratulations again to you!:smile:
  • dawnerika
    dawnerika Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and the friend requests :) We all know it can be so hard sometimes to stay motivated and focused. This site has helped me tremendously with really thinking about the choices I make...I look food up here and of course on packages, etc, before I decide to ingest. I did do one thing that has helped me even more so. I gave myself one "Free" day, Sunday, where I can eat whatever I want and whatever quantities. Thing is, there becomes a sense of guilt involved, where I might nosh out on some chips or chocolate, but I wind up not overdoing it anyways LOL I think, from past experience, that many people fail at diets and weight loss programs when it becomes overly restrictive and when you begin to feel as if you are being punished. To avoid that, the free day has been a blessing. This way, I know that if I'm REALLY craving that chili dog or just can't live another day without pizza, I can do it w/o feeling like I'm cheating. And, yes...I do record it!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic; congrats and way to have a come back :D
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Yay for you. You just keep going! :) Congratulations.
  • wrldtrvlr157
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm brand new here myself....I could use the help too. Mutual add? :)
  • lins69
    lins69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    that great its so good when you are really motivated. : :smile: I have my first weigh in tomorrow so quite excited to see what hopefully ive lost fingers crossed
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and it seems like you got an awesome route planned out for your weight loss journey! Good luck and keep it going!! :smile:
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Oh very nice! Congratulations, I've only been on the website for today :) but got the app earlier this week. feel free to add me!
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Grats! I haven't spent much time connecting with others here, but I looking to change that. I would be happy to join your cheering section. Keep on going!
  • lins69
    lins69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great start so happy I had my first weigh in this morning and I lost 5 pounds yippee so happy lins x
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's fantastic! Congratulations :) Keep that motivation alive!