My names sarah im new here...

Options
im 31 been married just over a year, i suffer with polycystic ovary syndrome and struggle to lose weight, but to full pregnant i have to lose weight so the mission starts here, and im already struggling, im hoping to get some help along the way from people on here as i dont want to bore my husband with it all bless him

Replies

• Kalebdylan
    Kalebdylan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. My name is Lisa I am 27, married and have 2 boys.
  • sarahmartin2011
    sarahmartin2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks thats great, so how comes ur here whats ur story if you dont mind me asking x
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sarah feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • sarahmartin2011
    Options
    Thanks all, so has anyone got any good tips to keep motivated, my main problem is around 4oclock all i wanna do is eat :-(
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah and welcome. Maybe you need to eat a bigger lunch and breakfast or eat more protein and both meals. That will help curb your cravings before dinner. Are you eating an afternoon snack?
  • Kalebdylan
    Options
    No I don't mind. I was always over weight as a child, until about age 13. I then became pregnant at 15 and ate ALOT to hide the fact that I was pregnant. No one knew (other than the dad, my now husband) until I was almost 8 months along. My son was born, healthy. I was lucky enough to finish HIgh school and go to college. After college I married my son's father and was pregnant again soon after. My boys are now 10 and 5 and I am still carrying around extra weight and I am finally ready to take it off.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    What I've been reading about and seeing with my own wife is that there are many issues that are typically related:

PCOS
    Hypothyroidism
    Insulin Resistance
    Gluten Intolerance/Allergy
    High Blood Sugar (Type 2 diabetes)
    Difficutly with any substantial weight loss

Generally speaking the best way to handle these issues is to cut out sugar, grains and eat a high fat low carb diet. Doing so my wife has been reversing most of the issues that she's developed within the last year. She is no longer Type 2 diabetic, thyroid levels are normalizing, she is no longer insulin resistant and is now starting to loose weight.
  • sarahmartin2011
    Options
    Hi Sarah and welcome. Maybe you need to eat a bigger lunch and breakfast or eat more protein and both meals. That will help curb your cravings before dinner. Are you eating an afternoon snack?

At the moment im trying not to snack because its early days and i no what im like so im trying to have set meals at set times, maybe i could increase lunch that may help, i think it could be habbit im unsure
  • sarahmartin2011
    Options
    No I don't mind. I was always over weight as a child, until about age 13. I then became pregnant at 15 and ate ALOT to hide the fact that I was pregnant. No one knew (other than the dad, my now husband) until I was almost 8 months along. My son was born, healthy. I was lucky enough to finish HIgh school and go to college. After college I married my son's father and was pregnant again soon after. My boys are now 10 and 5 and I am still carrying around extra weight and I am finally ready to take it off.

im pretty much the same age wise, when i was 13 i went on the pill to try calm down my periods and the weight piled on, struggled ever since but always been fairly happy so not been to bothered, but now i feel like i need to do something i cant avoid the cameras all the time, plus i would like a child more than anything i have step children and we get on great but its just not the same, i just struggle so bad even today its been a mission not to eat everything in the house so i did cheat abit eating things i dont even like for no reason, im hoping tomorra will be an easier day
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    first of all, welcome to the club :)

I also suffer from PCOS but have recently being diagnosed with an ovarian cyst named Hemorrhagic cyst :s.. although the information ive read over the internet says that its a benign one but still it made me suffer a lot quite recently... im better now though!

u can add me if u like and best of luck to u for your journey! :)
  • drthipah
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like, I like to post inspirational things everyday :)
  • sarahmartin2011
    Options
    What I've been reading about and seeing with my own wife is that there are many issues that are typically related:

PCOS
    Hypothyroidism
    Insulin Resistance

Generally speaking the best way to handle these issues is to cut out sugar, grains and eat a high fat low carb diet. Doing so my wife has been reversing most of the issues that she's developed within the last year. She is no longer Type 2 diabetic, thyroid levels are normalizing, she is no longer insulin resistant and is now starting to loose weight.

ive cut out chocolate, fizzy drinks and having weight watchers dinners and basic lunchs and tryin to excerise more, but i work full time for ourselfs, however we run a scrap yard and im always wondering around the yard so i guess i get a fair bit already thanks for the advice and hopfully it starts coming off
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello! My tip is have more protein in early meals and have a snack like apple slices and peanut butter may be around 3 pm.

Of course feel free to friend me. I will be happy to give tips and cheer you on =)
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options

PCOS
    Hypothyroidism
    Insulin Resistance

This couldn't be more true! Cut the carbs if you have PCOS/insulin resistance, etc.
  • Kalebdylan
    Options
    I think the reason I decided that I am finally ready is because I am veiwing it more as a life change. If I crave something I eat a little bit of it. In the past I have deprived myself and that did not work, because when I would have a bad day I would over do it and never get back on track. I also involved my children and husband. I don't expect them to eat everything I do, but to increase their fruit and veggie intake. We also do more things actively as a family, like I just took the boys to the bike path after school today. It is hard at times but I just remember if I mess up not to give up. 1 Crappy meal is not going to off set a few weeks of healthy eating. Take baby steps try chaning 1 or 2 things at a time. It is a journey not a sprint to the finish.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Good luck with everything :flowerforyou:
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with PCOS too. Did your doctor run thryoid test and check your insulin levels? Mine did, I am Insulin Resistance and take Metformin for it. I just started about 2 weeks ago. I also work with a dietician and basically follow a diebetic type diet.

Good luck with your journey. I'm 37 and have been dealing with weight issues for a long time. Now we know why it's been so hard for me.

Just take it one day at a time.
  • sarahmartin2011
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with PCOS too. Did your doctor run thryoid test and check your insulin levels? Mine did, I am Insulin Resistance and take Metformin for it. I just started about 2 weeks ago. I also work with a dietician and basically follow a diebetic type diet.

Good luck with your journey. I'm 37 and have been dealing with weight issues for a long time. Now we know why it's been so hard for me.

Just take it one day at a time.

i was diagnosed when i was 18 and havent really been under a doctor for it, we recently moved and i am going to book in with a new doctor as soon as i get time, defo should make it priorty, good luck with ur journey
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Also drink water all throughout the day. Alway refill a water bottle instead of going for that cup of coffe/diet or regular soda. The diet soda may trick your body that there is extra sugar in your bloodstream, and pump out insulin to collect what little sugar you actually have. You counter this by having that diet soda with a meal or snack.