MOM's Losing weight!

Options
Hello all! It's been so long since i've posted on here. Well, I am a first time mother to be.. about 3 more months to go! And I was curious if any mothers on here have any success stories or any progress on their goals towards losing weight after having a baby? I really need to get back on track after and looking for that motivation again and support! :)

Replies

• awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My twins are five, I got back to my prepregnacy weight, well with in a few pounds at least, by their first birthday. At the time I used weight watchers and worked out consistently five days a week at the gym. Gotta love the childcare when it's included! I hefted two car seats in so that alone helped my arms! I got pregnant very soon after and that weight has been my downfall. Having three kids under two then three wore me out. No energy to go out and just staying home and eating. Blah. Now Im back at it. They are all in school to some extent. You will be fine as long as you know what to expect!
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children, my oldest just turned 4, I have a 2 yr old & a 3 month old. I've been struggling since having my first, but I'm done having kids, so I'm really sticking to it this time & getting this weight off. I'm just eating the right food & portion sizes & exercise. I just started the 30 day shred & do as much walking as possible. I just started, so I don't really have anything to show yet, hoping I do after the 30 days is up :) Good Luck to you & Congrats on being a mom :))
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    My twins are five, I got back to my prepregnacy weight, well with in a few pounds at least, by their first birthday. At the time I used weight watchers and worked out consistently five days a week at the gym. Gotta love the childcare when it's included! I hefted two car seats in so that alone helped my arms! I got pregnant very soon after and that weight has been my downfall. Having three kids under two then three wore me out. No energy to go out and just staying home and eating. Blah. Now Im back at it. They are all in school to some extent. You will be fine as long as you know what to expect!

Me too - it was the 2nd pregnancy that I found hard to lose - still struggling 6yrs later 10pds off then the 10lbs goes back on. I also blame age ;)

With my first baby I would exercise during the morning nap and clean during the afternoon nap (which is pretty good exercise too!) Plus with an infant you can tuck them in the stroller and power walk. Once they are mobile you have to slow down to their pace.
  • mellp9
    mellp9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of two boys (3 and 6 months). The weight melted off with my first son without really doing anything (except breastfeeding and being a new mom). The second time has been much more difficult. I lost 25 lbs in the first few weeks, but the last 10 lbs has been lingering for months. I have been using MFP for 3 weeks now and have lost almost 9 lbs! I walk everyday with my older son (about 35-45 minutes), and I have been able to make it to the gym only once or twice a week. I just make sure I measure, weigh, and record everything. I drink more water and stopped drinking soda. It's tough but it can be done. I am now only one pound away from my pre pregnancy weight and I'm hoping to lose at least 5 more....maybe more.