So proud of myself

Options
So two nights ago a member of my household decides out of the blue to order Papa Johns pepperoni pizza WITH breadsticks at 11PM. Of course they offer me some saying “Come on Cruz, have some. Its good” But I resisted with a “No, I’m good. I’m done for the day.” Meanwhile the smell of the pizza is wafting ALL through the house up the stairs into my room. There I am 11 at night smelling hot pizza in my bedroom while I’m drinking ice water and you know what? I really WAS good. I felt no desire to go attack the pizza like I normally would have. (Besides I had a burger for lunch).

I felt so good and motivated to keep going because I know if I keep it up and stay under my calorie limit, it WILL pay off!

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That's a great story. Papa Johns pizza is pretty good stuff. The temptations never go away but it does get easier to say no to the food when you know it's bad for you or will put you over your calorie limit. Don't feel guilty if you have a slice and stay under goal. The important thing is to remember that most any food is okay from time to time in moderation.
  • meeksfour
    meeksfour Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It gets a little easier every time you do it. You are on the right track and will reach your goal. Stay focused, you have this.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think it is easier every time you resist........provided you're not killing yourself by resisting. What I mean is if You REALLY REALLY want a piece and feel deprived or sad because "you really shouldnt"...then it's not worth it and can set you up to fail in the long term.

But you did do a good job.

Stand Strong.

eta: I find it easier to give up junk food than it is to quit smoking. NOW If I can be as successful at eating healthy as I am at not smoking !!!
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    *toot* *toot* that's the "WAY TO GO" horn tooting it's little handle off for you. I LOVE the smell of pizza and it WILL be my downfall in the halls of arch-enemies, I just know it. Actually, tonight we are letting ourselves have a window of "reward" night to have tasty adult beverages and pizza... but then to get a reward next Friday I have to be extra diligent to resist all those temptations between now and then. Your resistance inspires mine, so thank you for sharing.

You rock.

Cheers.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats