Clothing Comparisons for Perspective

Options
This is a good way to get some perspective on the weight loss we perhaps don't notice in ourselves!

IMAG0098_zps7ce67d31.jpg

IMAG0095_zps3999d8d4.jpg

IMAG0093_zps165efd1e.jpg

IMAG0096_zps1938c676.jpg

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What a great perspective. I'm looking forward to new clothes in the future. Now go donate those big sizes...because you know you never want to wear them again! :happy:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait for the next size down.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea! I cant wait to be comparing my size 20s to size 12s!
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    This is coming from a guy so the answer my differ, but at what point during your weight loss do you start buying new clothes? I bought a couple pairs of shorts a few weeks ago (3 sizes down) and they are already too big for me. Do you just put up with being Ms/Mr baggy until your weight loss slows down quite a bit?
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    This is coming from a guy so the answer my differ, but at what point during your weight loss do you start buying new clothes? I bought a couple pairs of shorts a few weeks ago (3 sizes down) and they are already too big for me. Do you just put up with being Ms/Mr baggy until your weight loss slows down quite a bit?

I've got clothes in every size going because I've lost and gained loads of times, but at the moment one size is far too big and the lower size is quite tight. it's a difficult one because baggy clothes look awful but at the same time who wants to waste their money?
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I held off buying new clothes until i'd lost about 20-30lbs (by which time i literally HAD to because they were actually falling off me! (very embarrassing in social situations lol)
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Ajessie
    Options

I've been shopping at Goodwill - You have to dig a bit but I've found some good pants and tops for around 3 or 4 dollars each! That way you're not spending a lot but at least have SOME clothes that fit :)
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I think this is a hard question. Tops are easier because you can wear baggier tops for much longer. For pants though I am just buying new ones when it starts to look like I have no butt. Shop at thrift stores or discount places like Ross, T.J. Maxx, and Marshalls. Buy on sale. My rule is to not pay more than like $15 bucks per item because I know that I will be shrinking out of them in a month or so. Then turn around and donate those clothes so you aren't tempted to grow back into them :).
  • MzNiz
    MzNiz Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I've been shopping at Goodwill - You have to dig a bit but I've found some good pants and tops for around 3 or 4 dollars each! That way you're not spending a lot but at least have SOME clothes that fit :)

Yes I love to second hand shop when I actually have time for 'new' clothes. I have lost about 30 pounds and have hit a plateau but don't want to buy a full wardrobe of clothes at full price. 1) I don't have that in my budget right now, 2) I want to lose more weight so I am just buying what I need to ge by for now and wearing some of what I have that still fits ok and 3) I love to find really cute/ fun clothes and pay 10% of what I would for something brand new.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic well done
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have bought a few things at consignment stores and thrift stores (just to get me by). I'm planning a HUGE shopping trip when I meet my goal.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to buy some bright colored new clothes in MUCH smaller sizes around the first of the year. Ive got a closet full of jeans in every color possible just waiting for the next few pounds to melt away. I cant wait. I pull em every once in awhile just to make sure,,,I dont know of what.....maybe to reassure myself I AM succeeding....

I WISH us all much success, healthy and happiness. I know it sounds trite........but it's from the heart
  • janewilldoit
    Options
    Brilliant idea !! thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!