What is going on ! help !

Options
I am new to this sight (5wks now) and can ues some support and help. I have changed my diet and am exercising more than i have log. ( only because i forget to add it in at the end of my day)..I'm drinking a lot more water than i use to and have cut my carbs way down sinse i started. It's been about five (5) weeks and i am SO disappointed.. I haven't even lost one (1) pound in almost five weeks. The only problem i am having is eating the twelve hundred calories a day, it's always less. What i don't understand is it keep telling me at the end of every entree is after five (5) week i will lose between 5 to 9 lbs. and i haven't even lost one (1) lbs.. Still 30 lbs over weigh. What am i doing wrong ?

Replies

• stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well I can't see your diary...

Are you exercising?

You need to make sure you're getting enough protein.
    Not to mention your macro nutrients need to be in check. Protein, Carbs, Fats.
    Ratio should be 40p/35c/25f to calories. That is if you're lifting and trying to get lean.
    Which you really should be doing is lifting. Do cardio a couple times a week.....eat as lean as you can.
    Do your research, change it up...and start logging everything if you want others to tell you what to try to change.
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Hello, it's so nice to meet you and it's so good of you to come here and post your concerns. I haven't really tried to diet before because I lacked the conviction to do it... but, I've kind of tried in a very half-*ssed way and whenever I tried, I never EVER lost anything.

I am new to this site and I'm not an expert by any means, but...

How do you sleep? I'm an insomniac and apparently, good sleep at night is when your body can break down a lot of the calories it took during the day. I sleep very, very poorly. In fact, mornings on a night when I don't sleep sometimes I'll weigh more! then I'll weigh myself in the evening and weigh less. It relates to how the body chemistry is built to process stuff and for me, my sleeping patterns apparently affect it a lot..

With that said, have you noticed any water retention? That can make a difference? What kind of exercising are you doing?

There was a period of time where I was going to the gym and I was strength building... apparently my fat really likes to turn into muscle because I didn't lose weight but my body shape was changing fast! I learned I was doing too much strength training and wasn't balancing the fat-burning with strength building... and since muscle weighs more than fat, my scales weren't helping, but the clothes were showing it... if that makes sense...

Anyway, I hope you get some good answers here and that you keep up the hard work that you are investing in your plan to help yourself.

Cheers.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    exercising more than i have log.
    The only problem i am having is eating the twelve hundred calories a day, it's always less.
    Let me understand this two lines you wrote.

Are you saying you are eat only 1,200 calories but not more? If so, when you excerise, your body needs more calories. By not doing so, your body is starving cuz it did not get the fuel (from calories) it needs after you burn it through excerising,,, When your body is starving, everything shuts down, including your metabotism.

Let me know if you are still confused...

Lee
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I agree, you need to eat more...
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising a lot and and not recording it, you may not be eating the net calories of 1200. There's a post somewhere on this website about the simple breakdown of eating back exercised calories. At the end of the day, you really want the amount you eat - the amoutn you burn exercising to be 1200 or more (preferablly what MFP gives you as a net goal).
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

From the sound of things you are not eating enough. Less is not more when it comes to weight loss. Too large of a deficit stops loss. Take a look at the link to find out how much you can eat and still lose weight.

Eat more than your BMR and less than your TDEE.

If you have trouble crunching the numbers give me a shout.