My HUGE NSV!!!! Warning it's long!

Options
I have been tracking calories for the past 2 weeks diligently, tracking EVERYTHING yup even those little nibbles and things I don't think can do any harm, and guess what …I worked my *kitten* of the first week and when I stepped on the scale it said this..NO loss ZERO nadda...but you know what here's what I've learned; this lesson in its self is truly a game changer for me. I realized that in the past I would have pouted and been upset that I had done sooo much, tracked every single calorie that went past these lips, pushed more water down my throat than I did in boot camp, walked further in one shot than ever before unless Uncle Sam and my Drill Sergeant commanded me too;) I purposely parked the farthest out from the entrance and still NOTHING not even an ounce. I will admit I stepped on the scale 2 additional times just to make sure and still nothing! I came down stairs to tell Mr. Gorgeous the news and Guess what I was perfectly happy with it. This feeling has never happened to me before, I would have beat myself up questioned why I had this instead of that and had the ultimate conversation with myself and go into all the reasons I should have WLS, but this time, this time was different. I felt empowered, empowered that I was not looking to the scale for judgment or in a cry of shame or to validate all my weeks work just because of the read out it was going to give me. Yes we do step on the scale for validation/encouragement that what we are doing is working, but I mean it in the sense that I didn’t need it to validate all the work I had done this past week. I knew then that I really was ready for my journey. I have learned a multitude of things about myself on the journey to getting myself in this “fat situation” and I’m starting to learn many more things about myself on my journey as I start to pick my way out as well. Things that I may have never learned of myself getting here and getting the hell outta here too. I’ve had a rough week as far as stress levels and a horrible migraine, not getting the rest my body needs and wearing multiple hats. I’ve made some bad choices with what I ate but I REFUSE to beat myself up for it!!!! This is a time to heal to learn and to focus and refocus when need be. I’ve always wondered about people when they talk about things just clicked for them and when they say they tried a billion times just like me and then it all clicked for them…you’re not ready until your ready and it has to be all of you that is ready now just the wishing and hoping part, but the part in you that says hey lady get your **** together and make it happen! Although I have not had any scale losses as of yet and I might not have one this Monday either due to bad choices, I’m good with that mainly due to this HUGE NSV, that I’m actually grateful for (kind of weird to say that but it’s true) I know that my losses are coming and when they do I’ll rejoice but I’m really grateful for the NSV this week to enlighten myself that it takes time and if you keep at it, it’s bound to work in your favor. I’m not in a hurry, sure my ego would love to be but my spirit is in a good place and that to me is soooo much more than where my ego needs to be.

Replies

• pglassnnp
    pglassnnp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Good for you!
  • OnTheRoadToMe
    Options
    Aw, that's so great that you feel empowered and still raring to go. Many would probably crack in the frustration and stop trying. You're an inspiration to many! :) Keep going, I'm sure you'll achieve what you want soon!
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Way tooo go for the positive attitude. That is great that you aren't beating yourself up over it. That is what you should do... the guilt monster gets way too many people.

Thank you for sharing, :)
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Love your post!!!!!!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Sounds like you've got the right attitude! You don't get fat - and stay fat - because you've eaten healthily and worked out yet not lost weight in a week. You get fat and stay fat because you expect miracles in short time frames and become defeated and throw in the towel. Sure a loss is on its way to you soon!
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    what a great positive attitude to have you are such an inspiration and it will come and when it does i will be here to celebrate with you on your journey
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You said it all..it has to come from within you! Congratulations on your first NSV!
  • dawnerika
    dawnerika Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You definitely have a positive attitude and that's the most important thing! My question is this: While your weigh-in was unsuccessful, had you been keeping track of your measurements at all? I ask only because I noticed, for myself, a large loss of inches but zero weight, for 2 weeks (I weigh-in and do measurements weekly) At first, it might be slower going in the weight loss department, as your muscles become more toned and the fat begins to break down. Also, we female types might retain a few lbs monthly, as well. Just a suggestion, though...I see crazy results in measurements as opposed to what the scale says. Add me as a friend if you like :)
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have been going thru similar feelings. Scale not moving, but eating and recording diligently for past 2 weeks. This is the first time EVER that I have not been upset and fallen off the wagon. I have been exercising and feel awesome. My pants fit better, SOMETHING is happening, but not the scale. I think I am finally at peace with myself, I know I am doing fine.