Somebody stop me!!!

Options
I am about to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Eek! They will be my downfall, for sure, but my family will love me forever, I'm sure, lol

Replies

• Jenndragonflys
    Jenndragonflys Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't think i would be able to make them :( I would eat too many!! Your family will just have to understand. Tell them you'll make them next week-that way you'll be a couple pounds down & you won't want to mess it up!! Good luck :)
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You could always make a smaller batch than usual :)
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........I made an apple pie from scratch (mile high no less!) AND banana bread. Tomorrow is supposed to be my day off, but there is no way I'm not running!
    I would LOVE the recipe! All things pumpkin are my downfall!
    I am NOT much help! SORRY
  • asticoral
    Options
    Alter the recipe so its healthier, and when they're done....call me I'll zip right over :laugh:
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If I have to make something like that I do a box of devil's food cake/carrot cake/spice cake mix and a can of 100% pure pumpkin (15 oz). Mix the 2 ingredients together and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. You can do it in brownie pan or cupcake tin. Super good for 2 ingredients. Not a lot of extra cals, but very satisfying!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    just eat half the batch and give the other half to your family.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    if you can't control yourself then don't make them or make them and give them away.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    try these instead. They are REALLY yummy and REALLY healthy! (or at least, not unhealthy!)

http://www.foodiefiasco.com/2012/05/25/all-for-one-chocolate-chip-cookies/

She gives the whole batch at 65 calories. I got it about 150 more, but I used more sugar and banana than she did.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    mmmm... top them with cream cheese frosting!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You could freeze them and then you would not be so tempted to eat them.Should only take a few min to defrost.
  • deadlights
    Options
    Send them to me, I'll take care of that for you.

:D
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    ohhh my those sound amazzzing
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    one of my husbands favs-I don't like them, but I also have no sweet tooth-had it pulled years ago :bigsmile:
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I bake all the time. I take stuff to work and freeze a bunch...and I'll eat one of everything as I'm baking. I love to bake,
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's easy. Freeze the lot and take out one for you and perhaps two each for your family per day, about the same time every day. My son and I share the baking and we freeze everything. Then after tea I go out to the freezer (it's in the garage) and take out the required number (one for me, two for hubby and three to four for said growing son LOL). I look forward to that time of day every day - it keeps my sweet tooth at bay and calms my cravings. It really does work. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Are they healthy for your family? If not find something yummy that is and whip that up, lots of great recipes on the boards under recipes or check out Google.

ChocolateCoveredKatie.com among many others.

I used to bake a lot and take them to work, to friends etc. etc. I then realized once I started eating healthy that for me to continue baking unhealthy for others didn't feel right so I quit doing it. What I create now is by far much healthier and everyone loves it just as much if not more. If they're squeamish about eating something called 'healthy', don't mention the word.:wink::laugh:
  • I am about to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Eek! They will be my downfall, for sure, but my family will love me forever, I'm sure, lol

Maybe you could try making them with sweetener and a little less choc chip, so you don't feel bad having 1 or 2. ETA: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calories.asp?recipe=136573 If you just used sweetener this'd be a damn good recipe to try out and you could freeze like the person a few above suggested.
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Your family will love you so long as your around to accept it. Make the recipe healthier and serve portions accordingly.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Your family will love you so long as your around to accept it. Make the recipe healthier and serve portions accordingly.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/747088-healthified-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies