5'1-30 pound difference(opinions)

Options
hey all, just was wondering if i could get some opinions. Do you think that 30 pounds makes a big difference? I'm 5'1 and my current weight is 145 My goal is to lose 20 pounds at the moment but i am wondering if thats even going to make a difference. anyone got before and after pictures of what its like to lose about 30 pounds. maybe that will motivate me.

Replies

• keacho44
    Options
    30 pounds will make a HUGE difference! I'm 5'2' and have lost 28 pounds since mid April (using Fitbit and MFP) ....have gone down 2 sizes and am for the first time in a long time...feeling great about the way I look. My goal is another 7 pounds.. all this replacement wardrobe activity is getting kind of expensive but that's part of the deal I guess. I don't have any pix to motivate you - hope my experience will get you going!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Going from 145 to 125 or 120 is going to make a HUGE difference. The smaller you are the more drastic the change is! You can do it!
  • karmahead
    karmahead Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey! Yes, it DOES make a difference! I am 5'1" and my highest ever was around 140-145. Now I am usually 120, getting to 118 on a good day and it makes a difference when you look at pictures. Unfortunately I don't have good pictures to show online but trust me, it does make a difference.
  • janelle1993
    Options
    Of course it will the shorter you are the bigger the difference when you lose some weight, my sister is 5'3 and she has lost 30 pounds its amazing how much her stomach has gone down!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I think it will. At 5'0" I lost 15 pounds (and was also lifting, so probably lost more fat and added some muscle) and it was 2 pants sizes and very noticeable to me, hubby, and people who knew me. I lost in my face, as well, so that really helped.

BTW, this was 5+ years and a pregnancy ago, that's why I'm doing it again :ohwell:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2" and went from 170 to 117 , it will make a huge difference for sure :) I found a big difference from 127 to 117
  • brjustice2000
    Options
    30 lbs makes a difference! My weight loss translates into just over 10 inches of waist line lost. Keep working for your goal. When you get frustrated as we all have, just tweak what you do because your body adjusts to the same old routine and will plateau.
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It will make a really big difference.

I'm 4'11 & if 125 on me looks great, I know it'll look great on someone taller!
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    30 pounds is a HUGE difference for shorter people. 13kg (30 pounds) ago I was in size 16 trousers and now I'm in size 12 (UK sizes here- not quite sure what the american size translation is)- and I'm 5"3, so slightly taller than you. :)

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures at the moment, but just to echo everyone else, for short people even a loss of ten pounds is generally noticeable on the inches front.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It will make a HUGE difference hun! Go for it!! Good luck!!
  • Arunakae
    Options
    I'm just a couple inches taller than you and weigh 120, so I think 20 pounds will make a huge difference and you'd still be within a healthy range if you lost 25 or 30. But it's al about different body types, looking good isn't all about the number on the scale, it's about how you look and how you feel. For me being healthy is my intention and losing weight is an added benefit.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm just alittle taller than you and trust me, 30 pounds can be alot. I've lost 60 so far and it's been huge change - several clothing sizes & nearly 11" from my waist.

Even if it's not that drastic, you will see a difference: you'll be more toned, lost inches as well as atleast 1 if not 2 clothing sizes. It will be noticeable.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!. This has for sure got me very motivated. I'm gonna stick to my plan and I can't wait to see my results! i know that i not only will start feeling good about myself but i will be happy to be healthy looking good is going to be a plus lol XD
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    hey all, just was wondering if i could get some opinions. Do you think that 30 pounds makes a big difference? I'm 5'1 and my current weight is 145 My goal is to lose 20 pounds at the moment but i am wondering if thats even going to make a difference. anyone got before and after pictures of what its like to lose about 30 pounds. maybe that will motivate me.

I am 5'1.5"

7355961762_499d855e15_s.jpg
    dillons party by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this was at around 223-225lbs

and this is around 205---after about a 25lb loss
    7719017984_9b6ec5f26f.jpg
    IMG00645-20120726-0919 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

does 20lbs make a difference?
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    The different will be huge!
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It certainly does make a difference! I don't have any good before pics because I hated to take them (nearly 30 pounds later I don't mind). I went down 2 pant sizes but my biggest change was in my tops. Everyone says you can see the difference in my face and arms as well as waistline so I will take it!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It will make a huge difference when you are petite. I'm 5'2". I only lost 5 pounds and all my clothes are too big now.
  • DetroitKilljoy
    Options
    30lb would totally make a difference. I'm 5'1"-5'2" actually. I weigh 107lb currently but I'm trying to get down to 100-103 range. I started at 113 lb and so far and I can tell my little stomach pouch has shrunk. It's nice getting back to having a flat stomach. Go for losing those 30lbs! You can do it! :D
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is going to make a GIGANTIC difference. I lost 10 pounds in the last few years and went down two- three pants sizes (depends on the jeans brand) just from that. It makes even more of a difference on short people. You would look like a whole different person, guaranteed.
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    30 pounds will make a difference! But everyone's body looses weight differently. For me I'm down 30lbs and can hardly tell. But then again I need to lose a total of 80+ pounds.