Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars

Options
nortx
nortx Posts: 130
Love chocolate, love pumpkin, love bars... need gluten and dairy free. Voila... Mrs. Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix.... meet Mr. Libby's pure pumpkin in a can. Now get together and make me something delicious!

I mixed the cookie mix with almost 3/4 of the can of pumpkin - probably could have used a little less. The bars were delicate and very chocolate-y. I pre-scored them with a sharp knife - the better to limit myself with the size of bar. I made 5 rows across and 5 down - 25 bars.

The taste is a delicious combo of chocolate and delicate pumpkin. I did not add any extra spices, sugar or anything. Just the two ingredients. The texture is like fudgy brownies that you need a fork to eat like a lady, or otherwise just scarf down the bar - that's why they are smallish bars.

If you would like other gluten free recipes, please visit my MFP blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nortx

ccpb.jpg

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars - Gluten and Dairy Free

Ingredients:

- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 can Libby's Pure Pumpkin (Use about 3/4 of the can)

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Empty the cookie mix into a mixing bowl.
4. Add about 3/4 of the can of pumpkin into the mixing bowl and mix into the cookie dough. The mixture will be soft, but dry, so make sure it is all mixed well.
5. Place dough into prepared pan and pat down the surface with damp hands
6. I pre-scored the bars into 5 rows and 5 columns with the tip of a knife.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick.
8. Allow bars to cool and then refrigerate until being served.

Nutrition: Makes 25 squares in an 8 x 8 pan
Calories - 94 per square
Sugars - 11
Sodium - 101
Carbs - 20
Fat - 2

Enjoy!:flowerforyou:

Replies