Need new idea for friday pizza night

Options
Ok been trying to come up with ideas here. my daughters and I use to get pizza on friday nights a lot. So of course now that im on my get healthy change im looking for ideas to replace the pizza night with something that I can actually eat too. any suggestions

Replies

• ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    try looking up heathy pizza that you can make at home... your daughter and you might enjoy creating your own little personal pan pizzas :)
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It depends what your goals and restrictions are.
    You could order a smaller pizza and a big salad (watch the dressing.)
    Better yet make the salad yourself.
    Best yet make the pizza and the salad.

Are you looking for takeout/delivery that is lower calorie?
    I definitely still eat pizza, just moderate and balance it.
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What she said :-) Make your own, whole grain crust, sauce, cheese, skip the meat & do lots of veggies. Have a normal portion, add a garden salad & maybe some fruit & you have a well balanced meal!
  • Struelove1
    Struelove1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    it does not have to be take out but pizza night was like the special night so trying to find something to still have the special night but healthy
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old your girls are, but I think making pizza is super fun. You can make your own crust or buy frozen dough or prebaked crust. Everyone can make their own mini pizza or have fun combining toppings on a shared pizza. You can also play with different sauces and cheeses. Everyone can make exactly what I want.

I would try to make a healthier version of a comfort food or something that is special to your family. Or take it as an opportunity to try something different that maybe seems a little fancy.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    If you aren't up for making your own pizza dough from scratch, I recommend Lamonica's Pizza Dough.

You would think that pizza dough is pizza dough and that there's not a lot of difference between brands, but Lamonica's is really a cut above the other brands I've tried. (It comes frozen and you have to thaw it overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter for a few hours.)

I actually like to eat it without any sauce or toppings. I just brush it with a little olive oil, and sprinkle it with a little bit of sea salt and italian seasoning. It's very good that way!
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/741090-pizza-veggie-crust
    This board has a recipe for making a crust out of cauliflower. She says it is awesome. (and of course much healthier). It might be a good option if you don't mind making pizza!
    Good luck!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my downfall, so I found a way to make it healthy. I use Flat Outs (www.flatoutbread.com) as my crust - personally I use the 5 grain flax fold-it because it's 90 calories, 15 carbs and 7 protein, and use whatever cheese I want and some Quorn chik'n tenders (I'm a vegetarian, but you could use meat if you wanted). All in all, the whole personal pizza is around 350 calories (depending on how much cheese I use) and it fills me up. :happy: