Question??

Options
So I had a really bad day yesturday as far as my diet goes. But I woke up this morning and weighed in (like I do every morning) and lost 2 lbs from yesturdays weigh in. Does anyone know why I didn't just stay the same weight after eating almost 1200 calories over my suggested amount? Thanks for the help :)

Replies

• Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert, but sometimes when I eat over my calories it doesn't show up for a couple of days. I think this might be why some people do really good for days and then when they weigh in they stay the same or have gained weight. I think it's cumulative not necessarily something that shows up right away. And it's always possible that one day doesn't make THAT much difference as long as you get right back on track the next day. Again, I'm no expert, it's just something I've noticed in me!
    Good luck!
  • samseed101
    samseed101 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is why people shouldn't weigh in every day. There are way too many variables that could affect the number. You're better off doing it once a week at most so that you can watch the weight trend and not a specific weight on a specific day.

In order for you to lose 2lbs of fat in one day, you would have to burn 7,000 extra calories. That obviously didn't happen. It's more likely nothing but water weight.
  • mamagee
    Options
    MommaBee is right, the scale wont budge immediately after taking in too many calories. However, if you are on a strict diet you might have even done your body good by "cheating" yesterday because you've tricked your body and your leptin levels. Just get back on track today with your usual, healthy eating and you will be fine :)
  • angelface12004
    Options
    i read somewhere that it takes an extra 3000 cals to gain even one pound, so that is a LOT of extra food. I can eat a bag of chips one day and do not gain only i feel like crap for cheating, because really it's not enough to gain, just do better today and look forward, what's done is done. We all deserve a day to just EAT lol

201511.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    My fitness instructor told me that your body is living off what you ate the day before (takes that long to digest it all) and that is why when you cheat it takes a day or so for it to show up. I find I can cheat one day if I get right back at it and no harm is done. But if I drink alcohol 2 nights in a row I gain 2 pounds the very next day. Must be water weight.
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    But if I drink alcohol 2 nights in a row I gain 2 pounds the very next day. Must be water weight.

I am exactly the same way, darn you alcohol and your tasty goodness.