Tummy tuck and Breast Reduction

Options
It's hard for me to negotiate the difference of where to place the blog, when to post a message and such. So I started a blog on Tummy Tuck and Mammoplasty. I'm on day 5. I am recovering from the surgery with the added drama of bronchitis (ouch) and 30" of snow. If you've had a tummy tuck, or have questions, I welcome your contact. I could use a little support.
-ActSingMom

Replies

• missyannb85
    Options
    Did you have both the procedures done at the same time? I have been looking into breast reduction for a while now. My doctors office has a long record of back pain since around 8 years ago. However they want me to wait to have the surgery until after I am done having babies. How is the recovery going? Good luck to you! I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and a new beautiful tummy!!!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    As with everything else you have to take recovery one day at a time. I'm sure you will be glad you did this when the recovery period is over. Sorry about your bronchitis.

Hope you have a good day.
  • ActSingMom
    ActSingMom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes! Both at the same time. I wouldn't want to go through this twice.
  • ActSingMom
    Options
    Thank you-excellent advice.
  • ActSingMom
    Options
    I look at myself in the mirror and I am so in love with the new shape. I look at my breasts and don't miss the EE breasts who fed my babies Breasts who arrived too early along with puberty and for years provoked apologies and embarrassment and ogles from men who thought I wouldn't notice as they drooled and looked back at my eyes not quickly enough. "More than an handful's a waste" the boys chanted at me in middle school. I gave up horseback riding for those breasts. Tennis because of the pain they caused my back. Yoga because I couldn't get around the bulk of them. Dance because my upperbody threw off my center of gravity and I couldn't do a double pirouette, and no sleek ballet teacher could help me fix it: not even the best. Tap dancing because it was ridiculous how they danced a whole other routine. Running because there wasn't a sports bra in existence to hold me in enough to sustain the bouncing and back pain. Shopping because nearly everything made me look like a hooker or a grandmother.

So now when I look in the mirror, even though I'm wearing the required compression underwear, I see opportunity. I see a chance to do if not be all I have dreamed of but couldn't because of my breasts. I no longer have to apologize for them. Now, I can live, and I can't wait I am so excited.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Did you have both the procedures done at the same time? I have been looking into breast reduction for a while now. My doctors office has a long record of back pain since around 8 years ago. However they want me to wait to have the surgery until after I am done having babies. How is the recovery going? Good luck to you! I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and a new beautiful tummy!!!

Why do they want you to wait? I have one daughter, had a reduction, and plan to have more babies (or at least don't plan not to have any more kids.... guess that is more accurate). I still have full nipple sensation and most likely will have the ability to breast feed, should I choose to.