fresh salmon recipes ??

Options
Nicki801
Nicki801 Posts: 12 Member
Hi everyone, I recently went fishing and caught a whole bunch of salmon, i was wondering if you had any good recipes for fresh salmon?!?

please help me out :)

Replies

• wvwinner
    wvwinner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to BBQ it or you can do it in the oven. Wrap in foil with oil olive, garlic, pepper, lemon slices, dill, and sliced red onion on top. It is delicious :)
  • 1dresch
    Options
    bump
  • Emitremmit
    Emitremmit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I either cajun season and grill mine or bake it with lemon slices and fresh ground black pepper.
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    I made some the other day. I buy blackening seasoning and coat it and put it under the broiler for a few min then take it out flip it over and repeat. Always comes out awesome.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Just dive in and go at it, GRIZZLY BEAR STYLE!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Omg! I wish I had that problem. lol We love love love grilled salmon!

Grill it with salt, pepper then serve with:

Fresh lemon dill sauce made with low or no fat mayo, fresh dill, lemon zest and a bit of lemon juice. Delicious!

Homemade pico de gallo (sp)

Homemade mango salsa.

Again, I am so jealous! Enjoy!
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lori_Henz
    Lori_Henz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1 - Oven bake at 375, brush with olive oil and very lightly season with whatever seasonings you like (dried celery, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, whatever you have). Bake until done (usually around 20 minutes

2 - oven bake at 375, brush with olive oil, boil strawberries and any kind of wine, pour over salmon

3 - oven bake at 375, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with a tiny amount of brown sugar. Bake for 20 min, broil for 3 - 4 minues for sugar to caramelize

4 - oven bake at 375, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with dill and place sliced lemons over fish. bake for 20 min

I LOVE SALMON!! We eat it about 2 - 3 times per week
  • pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do mine on the BBQ, cedar planked salmon, you marinate the salmon with a little bit of olive oil, some lime juice, cumin and a bit of sugar. Delicious!:wink:
  • bes169
    bes169 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mmmm...I take it to a smoke house and have some of it smoked. I love smoke salmon, capers, cream cheese on toast.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    that is too funny, we are having salmon for dinner tonight...this is the recipe we use:

Salmon Baked in a foil parcel with green beans and pesto

2 handfuls of green beans
    2 Salmon fillets, 4 oz, skin on, scaled and bones removed
    1 lemon
    2 heaping teaspoons green basil pesto
    salt and pepper to taste
    olive oil as needed

1. Preheat oven to 400F
    2. trim the green beans by cutting off the stalk ends but leaving on the wispy tips
    3. halve the lemon
    4. take a yard of aluminum foil and fold it in half, bringing the narrow sides together to make 2 layers. Put a handful of green beans in the middle of the folded aluminum foil. Lay a Salmon fillet down, skin side down, across the green beans and spoon a heaping tablespoon of green basil pesto on top. Drizzle with Olive Oil, squeeze the juice from one of the lemon halves over all and season with salt and peper. Pull the aluminum foil edges together and scrunch them up to seal the parcel. Repeat these steps to make the second one. Place both foil parcels onto a sheet pan.
    5. Put the sheet pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let it stand for 1 minute before carefully unwrapping the parcels and checking that the Salmon is fully cooked.
    6. Serve

Nutrient per serving (4oz fillet):
    391 calories
    25 g protein
    11 g carbs
    5g fiber
    28g fat
    4g saturated fat
    71mg cholesterol
    and
    1,542mg sodium
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Salmon and couscous en papillotte (in parchment) - my wife's recipe so I can't claim the credit. It's delicious. You will have to convert the measurements to 'American'......

Put 1 packet flavoured couscous (lemon & coriander/tomato & onion etc) into a bowl with a drop of oil & 7 fl oz (200ml) boiling water - stir then cover with clingfilm & leave to stand for 10 mins. Stir again, then add chopped spring onions/chopped sundried tomatoes/pieces of chorizo (whatever you like).
    Spoon couscous onto individual sheets of baking parchment (will serve 2-4), place a boneless/skinless salmon fillet on top & fold parchment into a tightly sealed parcel.
    Put each parcel onto a preheated baking sheet & cook for 15 -20 mins at 180*C.
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nicki801
    Nicki801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow thank you every body!!! now to choose!!! lol might have salmon every night to try all these delicious recipes out!!
  • kathyduffney
    Options
  • lj4n
    lj4n Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is so easy & so tasty.....drizzle Kraft sun dried tomato & herb salad dressing over salmon fillets, bake at 350F for 25 -30 minutes!!! Yum! Use the calorie-wise version of the dressing & go easy or it will over take the flavour of the fish!
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Super easy and delish, but not super healthy - heat oven to 475 F, melt 4 tbsp butter (for 2-3 lb salmon fillet) in a roasting pan while oven is preheating. Place salmon in butter, flesh side down, roast for about 5 minutes, then turn and roast 3-6 minutes more.

When salmon is done, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.

Recipe courtesy of "How to Cook Everything."
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I just heard this today never tried it. in tin foil add salmon, cranberry juice and cranberries, wrap up and grill.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I mix up about 1/4 cup of Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce with 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice, brush it somewhat thickly on the flesh. Broil, skin-side down, 10 mins per each inch of thickness (prop the oven door open an inch or two). Serve with the other half of the lemon, asparagus, and fresh sauteed spinach with garlic and lemon. Yummy. The SO likes this so much that I've not yet been able to try making it any other way!