48 kilos lost time to start toning!

Options
Before 6s9to3.jpg Now vxmd8m.jpg

I need to tone but its hard because i do have loose skin.
I have noticed its shrinking a bit though!

Replies

• zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Great job man, just keep losing.

As far as the skin goes, it may or may not snap back, but only time will tell, (I would assume most of it will imo)

Just get on a lifting routine, try and fill some of it out if you are not already, and keep doing what your doing!
  • Ashmayne
    Options

As far as the skin goes, it may or may not snap back, but only time will tell, (I would assume most of it will imo)

Just get on a lifting routine, try and fill some of it out if you are not already, and keep doing what your doing!

I used to lift pretty heavy weights but i have no one to go with me anymore to spot for me so it makes it hard to do weights so i just do cardio now. cheers though man.
    I hope it does shrink so i don't have to get surgery! :)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Pretty amazing transformation!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

I used to lift pretty heavy weights but i have no one to go with me anymore to spot for me so it makes it hard to do weights so i just do cardio now. cheers though man.

I am a huge fan of letting people do what they want, but I would highly recommend getting back on lifting.

I understand you don't like not having a spot, what I did is i switched to mostly dumbbells for bench/shoulder etc, and

I also fly solo at the gym.

Also stick in a lighter rep range if you are afraid of losing control, like 8 - 12, instead of 6 - 8.

Anyways, you have done well thus far, so good luck with whatever you choose~!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I never use a spotter...

the point is to lift heavy enough to be heavy... and not heavy enough you feel you are going to die and drop it...

I know there are technical weight lifty terms for that... but I don't know them ;)

btw... congrats on the loss... you look smashing!
  • Ashmayne
    Options

I am a huge fan of letting people do what they want, but I would highly recommend getting back on lifting.

I understand you don't like not having a spot, what I did is i switched to mostly dumbbells for bench/shoulder etc, and

I also fly solo at the gym.

Also stick in a lighter rep range if you are afraid of losing control, like 8 - 12, instead of 6 - 8.

Anyways, you have done well thus far, so good luck with whatever you choose~!

I think i will go back to using machines because i need some help with my control with dumbbells due to using machines when i started.
  • Ashmayne
    Options

I never use a spotter...

the point is to lift heavy enough to be heavy... and not heavy enough you feel you are going to die and drop it...

I know there are technical weight lifty terms for that... but I don't know them ;)

btw... congrats on the loss... you look smashing!

you use a spotter so you can push yourself more on a heavier weight which makes you stronger.....
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!!! Congrats!
  • justjenn1977
    Options

you use a spotter so you can push yourself more on a heavier weight which makes you stronger.....

when I started I could add 10# to the barbell to bench press... now I add 40...

barbell standing overhead tricep extension... when I started I could add 5# to barbell now I add 40...

alternating hammer curls... when I started the 5# dumbell made me feel like a wimp now I use 30's

wide grip lat pull down... when I started I could do 40... now I do 110...

triceps push down - rope - when I started I could do 35... now I do 100...

dumbell one arm shoulder press... when I started I could do 5.... now I use 30's

squats... when I started the BAR itself was almost too heavy... now I add 40#

(this is just some of what I do at the gym... a cross section if you will)

I understand that to you big mach types this may not seem like much... but to me this is heavy... you can push yourself without a spotter... the point is to not push yourself until you are so fatigued that you feel like you are going to die... if you feel like you are going to die... drop the weight back and do more reps
  • Ashmayne
    Options

when I started I could add 10# to the barbell to bench press... now I add 40...

barbell standing overhead tricep extension... when I started I could add 5# to barbell now I add 40...

alternating hammer curls... when I started the 5# dumbell made me feel like a wimp now I use 30's

wide grip lat pull down... when I started I could do 40... now I do 110...

triceps push down - rope - when I started I could do 35... now I do 100...

dumbell one arm shoulder press... when I started I could do 5.... now I use 30's

squats... when I started the BAR itself was almost too heavy... now I add 40#

(this is just some of what I do at the gym... a cross section if you will)

I understand that to you big mach types this may not seem like much... but to me this is heavy... you can push yourself without a spotter... the point is to not push yourself until you are so fatigued that you feel like you are going to die... if you feel like you are going to die... drop the weight back and do more reps

I don't see how telling me all that was necessary?

The point i'm making is that i want to push myself to that You get the best result from it.
    go research the benefits of using a spotter at gym. Jesus Christ.
  • justjenn1977
    Options

The point i'm making is that i want to push myself to that You get the best result from it.

I don't understand how the snarky attitude was necessary...

you can get wonderful benefits from lifting without a spotter at the gym...

sorry I tried to help
  • Ashmayne
    Options

I don't understand how the snarky attitude was necessary...

you can get wonderful benefits from lifting without a spotter at the gym...

sorry I tried to help

go back and read your first post again.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but this was supposed to be a success thread, not a 'lets pull his workout to bits' thread. Bit mean to totally pull it off subject, how about a simple well done thats brilliant, you look really good? Which you do by the way, keep lifting as best as you can (with or without a spotter lol) and keep up the hard work, it's really paid off. Thanks for posting the pics, I need a bit of inspiration this morning! lol x
  • laurensgettingfit
    Options
    great job!! Far out 48kg is a huge amount to lose thats incredible
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    wow..this is inspiring!! u look great!
  • Twiliightmoon
    Options
    You look amazing!!!

Myself, I do mostly cardio for now with some light lifting. All of the weight lifters are right in front of me. I don't do that on purpose, it's just the way the gym is set up. You can't miss a thing. One thing I do notice, if you go around the same time every day, guys will ask other guys to spot them. I'm figuring you aren't the only one in the gym that wants to lift heavy.

My son had the same problem, but because he goes around the same time every day, he knows who is willing to help out. Shoot, I would spot you...I can scream really loud for "HELP" if you needed it :smile:
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Wow! Well done u!! You lok fantastic!
  • jaimiefj
    jaimiefj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look amazing. Well done buddy!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!