Didnt read the servings per container!!!!!! Help

Options
I just ate two duncan hines carmel turtle brownies and they are 150 cAls each but what i didnt read was the calories per container i cut them into 9 peices in an 8by8 pAn how many did i a tually have 4???

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    how many did the package say it made?
  • l_nelson20
    l_nelson20 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You ate 3.56 servings--or 533.33 calories total

Serving Size: 1/16 package (30g)
    Servings per Container: 16

Amount Per Serving
    Mix %DV Baked %DV Lowfat %DV
    Calories: 120 150 130
    Calories from Fat 25 60 30
    Total Fat: 3g 5% 7g 11% 3.5g 5%
    Saturated Fat 0.5g 2% 1g 5% 1g 5%
    Trans Fat 0g 0g 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1g 3g 1g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1g 1.5g 1g
    Cholesterol: 0mg 0% 15mg 5% 15mg 5%
    Sodium: 100mg 4% 100mg 4% 100mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrate: 23g 8% 23g 8% 24g 8%
    Dietary Fiber < 1g 0% < 1g 0% < 1g 0%
    Sugars 16g 16g 16g
    Protein: 1g 2g 2g
    Vitamin A: 0% 0% 0%
    Calcium: 0% 0% 0%
    Vitamin C: 0% 0% 0%
    Iron: 4% 4% 4%
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You know what...it doesn't even matter how many you ate. I would research so you're better armed next time.
    Also a rule of mine is never to eat two of any bad thing I'm craving.
    No two pieces of candy, no two pieces of cake. :) It helps.

Just pick yourself up and start it again tomorrow, even a box of brownies won't erase all the hard work you've done so far!
    (I do not suggest that though because a diabetic coma hinders weightloss. :p)
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You already ate them, so nothing can be done now. Those serving sizes can be downright confusing or misleading. But lesson learned. That is what really counts.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So you basically at 4-5 of the servings. Don't panic - just remember next time. ;)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Do the math. Instead of cutting them 16 pieces you cut them into 9 pieces. That means each piece is now 1.77 pieces. Times two that is approximately 3.5 pieces. Close enough anyway.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Can't you put it in the recipe builder and put the amount of servings you made?
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're beating yourself up about this! =( All you can do now is take a deep breath and move on, and try to eat better tomorrow.
  • droogievesch
    Options
    What I do is multiply the calories per serving by the total servings to get the total calories for everything. Then divide that number by the number of servings you made to get how much each piece is. Log it. Forget it. Move on.
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Log it, forgive yourself, learn from it, do more exercises tomorrow to work off part of it. We've all done this, but we just move on to the next day. Don't let derail you. You're doing great.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What's really funny is I also made duncan hines brownies...though I knew what I was getting into.

Incidently who came up with 16 in a 4x4 pan. That's what the instruction say. But if you were say, hypothetixcally, impatient and didn't wait for them to cool, they are difficult to cut. Which may, or may not, have lead to eating 3.

True story from TODAY!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Today I went over 2,500 calories. So listen to my plan, what i am going to do.

1. Go to bed at bed time
    2. Wake up tomorrow
    3. Continue my life

Fantastic plan! (says the girl who is 780 over today and following the same plan).
  • julieXstead
    julieXstead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ...I think some people are missing the point here. I think she is trying to get the computer app to work properly. Its not about what she ate but getting the app to record it properly.

I am having the same trouble, no matter what I put into 'Sevings Per container' when I hit next it wont go to the next screen. Have not been able to add any of my own foods yet apart from using their database and the bar code scanner.

My phone is running android (gingerbread I think).
  • julieXstead
    julieXstead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ...mind you, you have to go to the beginning of the discussion to realise that !! :smile:
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just ate two duncan hines carmel turtle brownies and they are 150 cAls each but what i didnt read was the calories per container i cut them into 9 peices in an 8by8 pAn how many did i a tually have 4???
    Serving Size: 1/16 package (30g)
    Servings per Container: 16

And this is why it is important to get a scale. You could have measured out 30g and then not worry about how many pieces you made it into. The container they expect you to use is probably in the instructions in Step 1, where it normally says to pre-heat and grease your pan. But I can tell you from experience that serving size is not always accurate unless you go by weight. I have two boxes (of something, cereal maybe I don't remember, but let's use it as an example) of Raisin Bran, one is the brand name and the other is the generic. Both say serving size is 1 cup, but guess what, for both that serving size in grams is a 5 gram difference (135g vs 140g). Many of you would probably blow that difference off, and that is fine if that is what works for you, but for myself I do try to log *everything* and be as accurate as possible. Luckily I got myself a scale long ago and don't have to worry about that.
    . I think she is trying to get the computer app to work properly. Its not about what she ate but getting the app to record it properly.

The computer or the app? I have no issues entering in my own recipes on the computer. I don't think I've ever done it on my phone though. . .

I just tried it out on my phone for the first time. Had no issues. Took me all of 2 mins to create a test recipe and add two ingredients and hit save. I'm using Android running Gingerbread (HTC G2). Could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that fixes it.