Excercising In Bed

Options
No I dont mean it that way but, have you ever thought of doing some easy going sit ups in bed?
just when your waking up:glasses: Maybe some leg raises for the lower abs, the muscles that just go for the ride most of the time.
I have started exercising as early as 3 in the AM, I know what your thinking, but If you wake up in the middle of the night it could be a good time to work on one spot that you want to build up.
It works for me, If I wake up say 1 hr early:ohwell: , the leg raises start, mini sit ups......riding the bicycle on the spot.
I have been doing it only on and off for 2 weeks, and I can feel the difference, not much, but things are firming up.
So tell me If you do a little exercising while watching the sky get a bit brighter in the morning.

Danny

Replies

• LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i have back issues and such. but have been doing stretches and such in bed for years..but have only reasently started doing it on a regular basis. bed is soft and easy on your body and first thing in the morning it always feels good to stretch out. i have a belt that i have a loop at one end that i put around my foot then do a few stretches and do different positions..then switch sides.
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have back issues and such. but have been doing stretches and such in bed for years..but have only reasently started doing it on a regular basis. bed is soft and easy on your body and first thing in the morning it always feels good to stretch out. i have a belt that i have a loop at one end that i put around my foot then do a few stretches and do different positions..then switch sides.

Yes what ever works....Its still working the muscles

Also for some one that hates the thought of doing any exercise with there diet, Its a good way to get in to it.
    every little bit helps
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    I also like to workout at 3 am. I'm a notorious night owl but, it does make a difference. I usually stretch more in bed, loosen up the muscles and get them ready for bed. But I will do things like side planks and sit ups. The bed provides a much softer surface for my shoulder when I do that.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Oh this is crazy! I was just thinking about this today. The floor kills my back when doing crunches, leg lifts ect. I was wondering if doing them on my bed would be effective. I'm going to start doing this!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this topic earlier in the week. My sister used to do this. She loved to do leg lifts and would do them until she fell asleep. Believe me, she could do a lot of leg lifts before she would drift off.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have a bad back and it hurts to lie on my back flat, even with a mat or 2 under me... This is why I do all my abs work in bed
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I have never done it. But I have read many articles that say you should start your stretching in bed (obviously when you just wake up). It helps get blood flowing and loosen the muscles.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ive done it.....your body doesnt give a hoot when or where you do it, only that you do it. its a great way to wake up.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I do 15 mins of back excercises before I get out of bed including sit ups. Helps to get me mobile and warm the muscles before I get up.
  • Katrina342
    Katrina342 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No I dont mean it that way but, have you ever thought of doing some easy going sit ups in bed?
    just when your waking up:glasses: Maybe some leg raises for the lower abs, the muscles that just go for the ride most of the time.
    I have started exercising as early as 3 in the AM, I know what your thinking, but If you wake up in the middle of the night it could be a good time to work on one spot that you want to build up.
    It works for me, If I wake up say 1 hr early:ohwell: , the leg raises start, mini sit ups......riding the bicycle on the spot.
    I have been doing it only on and off for 2 weeks, and I can feel the difference, not much, but things are firming up.
    So tell me If you do a little exercising while watching the sky get a bit brighter in the morning.

Danny

I haven't actually done that before, but that is a really good idea!! Especially when I can't get to sleep, maybe stretching my muscles and working them out a bit to tire them will help :)

Thanks for the idea!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I"m so glad you brought this up.... my kids think I'm crazy but I have an entire routine that I do in bed every single day ...... I love working out in bed and I find that it's a great way to do it for people that are out of shape.... you work the area's you can and you are on a soft safe place that when you need to rest..... hey....rest!....

:flowerforyou:
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Get some exercise tubes or bands and you will be good to go.
  • dannytrees1
    Options

Ok I'm a beginner, what are the bands and tubes for?

I'm thinking the bands hook around the ankles, and the tubes.......
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options

Ok I'm a beginner, what are the bands and tubes for?

I'm thinking the bands hook around the ankles, and the tubes.......

Yea, what are tubes?
  • dannytrees1
    Options
    Dee tubes are for sit en in the middle and trying to get it to spin
    great for those hip muscles
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Glad to know other people do this too!!! I had back surgery in February and since then...the bed has been my friend for those typical "floor" exercises". I do most of my back exercises from my bed-- and then I do other leg exercises such as "riding the bicycle" and leg lifts...until I finally fall asleep...just as someone else said. It's funny how someone you don't even know can be in the same routine as you...and you don't even know it. lol. How weird is that?!
    ** Sidebar ** I CAN get in the floor for them on my good days--However, some days that is just NOT possible-- So...until I have ALL good days--BED it is! =)