I joined to lower cholesterol and loose some weight...

Options
Hi, my name is Nancy, and I too am looking for support. Want to loose 20 pounds that is glued on with super glue I think! lol! Anyway I thought I would give this a shot and see how it works for me. I really want to loose and lower my cholesterol levels which have been super high for several years now. I can't take the pills the doctor gave me. I eat fairly healthy, I just need to cut out the sugar and behave myself. So hello everyone, nice to be a apart of your group. :)

Replies

• rubix08
    rubix08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy, welcome to the community! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like and good luck with your journey! We all try our best to support each other here since we all know loosing weight is no easy task.
  • dbparra
    Options
    From March 2012 to June 2012 my total cholesterol dropped from 217 to 168 (LDL part from 153 to 115) mostly by reducing meat and high fat intake, as well as, replacing those foods with creative vegetable dishes, salads and juicing; I exercise 2-3 times per week. I lost almost 15 pounds at that time, but my motivation was reducing cholesterol. My doctor said I needed medication and I asked if we can check again in a few months. In June, she said I no longer needed it. I get it read again next week, so I'm hoping its staying within range. You can do it too! MFP has helped me stay accountable and since then I've lost another 5 pounds. I sill have a little ways to go, but I'm staying active and putting the time in to make more healthy meals.
  • heathermaxine
    Options
    Hello, Nancy! I really hope that the tools and support on this site are able to assist you in reaching your goals. Being able to track and keep record of meals has helped me so much to eat healthier, and I'm sure that it will be a great help for you as well. I wish you all the best in your journey! :smile:
  • Nancer1954
    Options
    :smile: Thank you, and good luck to you as well!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello Nancy, welcome to mfp. I joined to lose weight. I no longer have high cholesterol or high blood sugar. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. My name is Kimberlee, 48.
  • somervilleshar
    somervilleshar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy,

Please add me as a friend. I also need to lower my cholesterol and loose some weight that I also think is glued to my middle. I would love to offer any support I can in your journey. Best advise that I can give it don't give up you can do anything that you want, just believe you can do it.

Cheers

Sharon:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal, :smile:
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy,

Welcome to MFP! I joined because I need to lower my cholesterol and loose 20 lbs also! Feel free to add me as a friend! Best of luck!
  • FreeStuffRockz
    Options
    Hi guys,
    My name is Tina. You are so inspiring to me. I felt like I was alone on a need to lose 20lbs, high cholesterol island ugh. I read your post & found out I am not alone that is a great feeling! weew! I really want to loose 15-20 lbs and lower my cholesterol levels. I can't take the pills the doctor gave me I had a very bad reaction to them. So feel free to add me as a friend. My hardest thing so far my diet! & of course ...everyone else eating ice cream around me boo hoo :p I hope to keep myself motivated. I hope this site can can help & help me to stay sane too. :)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well, hello there and welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like:bigsmile:
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Keeping an eye on your diet and exercise will really help. I know a lot of people say egg yolks don't raise cholesterol but I can tell you for me they do so you may want to keep an eye on those. I eat a lot of egg whites. I just had my lowest ever - 177!! I started out at 248 and it's been coming down and I'm thrilled! All the best to you!
  • gaylelynnmc
    Options
    Hi Nancy welcome to the clan...feel free to add me I am working on lowering cholesteral....and loose a few more than 20 pounds...feel free to add me as a friend...I will help out as much as I can...cheers!!
  • Sandrose
    Sandrose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nancy,
    Welcome to MFP. I'm fairly new myself. I think I"m on day 25. Like so many others have written, I am also losing weight to lower my cholesterol and maybe get off statins. I think my fat loves me too much, because I'm having a lot of trouble losing it!! Please add me as a friend and anyone else here who has similar goals. We can support each other =)
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy and everyone else. I've been on MFP for about a year, and lost 21 pounds, and lots of inches, but lost my steam after the wedding (mine) I was trying to lose weight for was cancelled. I gained a bunch of weight back (not quite all, but almost), and discovered last week I have very high cholesterol. I'm starting over, and hoping to make some progress quickly, because I have just 6 months to show that I can bring numbers down without medications, or my Doc is going to want to put me on them. Good to know I'm not alone on here.
  • motherof3brats
    motherof3brats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just received a letter today from my doctor that my cholesterol is to high. total cholesterol is 267, HDL are fine but Triglycerides are 233 and LDL cholesterol is 155. He also sent a prescription for Lipitor. I called my mother and she really doesn't want me to start taking it. She said between diet and exercise I can lower it myself. I hate taking anything. What would you guys do take it or not?? I have been under alot of stress also quiet smoking 10 1/2 months ago so I put on about 20 pounds well back on lost 50 3 years ago. Started back on my diet and exercise hard 2 weeks ago (lost 5.4) please feel free to add me I can use all of support.