One Bad Day !

Options
Can anyone help?
I had one bad day yesterday at a friends house with food nibbles. I'm back on track today and it's the first i've faltered since January 20th. Do i compensate by eating less calories over the next week or start a fresh and continue each day as normal and exercising more? Any helpful advice would be great !

Replies

• sweetteacher123
    Options
    Maybe have a really good work out, but I wouldn't worry about one bad day. Just get back on your regular calorie intake. It won't hurt you. Keep up the hard work!
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would burn some extra calories today to make yourself feel better, but I wouldn't eat less throughout the week. Just get back on the wagon and do what you've been doing.
  • swaite57
    Options
    I agree, you can't go back and undo, but you can move forward and getting back on track is the answer. We all fall off once in a while. The trick is to get back on as soon as possible.
  • socialgemini406
    Options
    thanks so much everybody ! Back on track it is !
  • monica1515
    Options
    I feel like sometimes we forget we are human. It's going to happen. Consistency is the key. When most people have a day that didn't go as they planned they stay "screw the whole day, i'll start tomorrow" and it begins the vicious cycle.

I look at it this way... if my parent, significant other, sister, friend, girls of the teams I coach, etc came to me with this problem, I would say the same thing as everyone else! I'd say " we are all human, don't beat yourself up about it. You're doing a fantastic job, don't let one hiccup get you down. That is what life is all about, our reactions." You would probably say something along the same lines as I just said. So then why can we talk to others like that but not ourselves? You love and support others, love and support yourself. Don't talk negatively to yourself.

Keep up the good work!! :)