Protein Powder with ABSOLUTELY no artificial sweeteners

Options
Ok guys I have blown up the internet hunting for a protein powder that is just protein no artificial sweeteners (including stevia). My body has started misbehaving when I take in artificial sweeteners, but I miss having my protein shakes. Any ideas?

Replies

• zhidecitta
    zhidecitta Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I believe Sun Warrior Natural Blend might be completely sweetener free. They use cranberry's in the blend, and I don't think need as much sweetening. If there are any sweeteners in it, it isn't on the label. This is a raw vegan mix, so it isn't the cheapest, but other things in that category might also exist without sweeteners.
  • JennaL890
    Options
    Garden of life puts out a raw protein without artificial ingredients and/or stevia. Usually the unflavored kinds do not contain stevia (biochem, designer whey, etc. are pretty good quality brands). I work part time at a health food store so we get asked this question a lot.
    Just curious, do you just prefer no stevia or does that irritate you as well?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the info! Stevia causes a reaction too aaaand it usually leaves a weird bitter flavor in things so 2 fold reason for avoiding it. Super helpful posts I am so appreciative.
  • jimmies_rustled
    Options
    if you get a chance check this site out..

http://www.truenutrition.com/c-69-top-50.aspx

Words cannot describe the variety and choices.
  • karrathachick
    karrathachick Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Boomers doesn't have any type of sweeteners if you can get it in the States, it's from New Zealand and it's really good quality
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    The only protein powder I know does not have any sweeteners is the unflavored kind like this http://www.bulkfoods.com/whole-foods.asp?wholesale=4166
  • MelissaLind40
    Options
    If you find one you like, let me know. We try to stay away from all artificial sweeteners. I've got a bunch of Complete Nutrition V-CORE stuff here to use up. It contains fructose, so if you're looking for something with "real" artificially derived sugar, rather than something in the "made from sugar so it tastes like sugar" family, then it works, but it's not particularly healthy. I used to use the all-natural, vegan, non-sweetened protein powder, but I got hives from it! Go figure!!!
  • JennaL890
    Options
    Ah, okay! I'm sorry to hear you have reactions to so much! But yes, I definitely agree with you about the after-taste. I hope you find one that you like!:)
  • 527michele
    527michele Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure unflavored whey protein powder. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. The ingredients are: Ion Exchange whey(milk) protein isolate, Microfiltered whey protein isolate and soy lecithin.
  • mjr2000
    mjr2000 Posts: 1
    Options
    http://www.nutrabio.com/ look for the unflavored variety. They use FDA standards even though they are not required. Pharmaceutical grade protein with no additives.
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Really old topic but thought I'd share my latest discovery. Really great tasting Protein superfood powder with no sugar or artificial sweetener. UK company called Marvellous Superfood have a Super Protein Powder, It's made with hemp and pea protein and has some other 'superfood' ingredients such as Maca and Goji. I think they ship worldwide. So happy I found this product it tastes great. http://marvelloussuperfood.co.uk/non-taxable-product/super-protein-1kg
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MagdaSea
    MagdaSea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not that this could be a viable option but the protein powder they use at Starbucks contains no artificial sweetners. I can double check but I'm almost certain it doesn't.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Holy thread resurrection. I get pure whey protein isolate from the Bulk Barn. Easy peasy.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html (UK site)
    The "Unflavoured" variety has two ingredients: Whey protein concentrate and an emulsifier (soy lecithin). And that's it.

Looks like the US version is the same - http://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10852500.html
  • MAH80T50
    MAH80T50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pulsin Hemp Protein Powder - the ingredients say "100g Hemp Powder"

It's one of the few protein powders I can have, because I am intolerant to most polyols (sorbitol, Xylitol, Maltitol, Isomalt, Mannitol) and I have Fructose Malabsorption, so can't have anything with Glucose-Fructose Syrup, or High Fructose Corn Syrup, I am also Lactose intolerant and wheat intolerant, so believe me when I say Hemp Protein (Pulsin is the one I swear by) is fine for me, so if it's fine for me, it'll be fine by most other people ... Yes I am almost impossible to feed ... if it comes out of a packet and has a list of ingredients, then chances are I can't eat, or drink it ... !!

Hemp Protein is a odd smell, but it doesn't have much flavour (it only comes in Natural) it is a little bit nutty in flavour, so mixes well with most things; I put it in porridge, with chia seeds and cocoa powder - delicious ... !!

Happy shopping and if you're in the UK, Pulsin Hemp Protein is sold by Holland & Barrett.
  • turtlesmith12345
    turtlesmith12345 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't use whey! It's not good for you. I use hemp protein powder.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use PaleoPro. It's egg and beef protein powder. Since paleo is anti-artificial sweetener I don't think it has any. I could be wrong but check it out. I chose it bc of the protein type.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Don't use whey! It's not good for you. I use hemp protein powder.

Whey works fine for me and I personally think hemp is gross