what works best?

Options
hey, just need some opinions. I'm not quite sure what i really want to do. people keep saying P90x is good and insanity is good. Any suggestions of which one is better. what kind of resuts you get out of it. I NEED HELP PLEAASEE. feel free to tell me other work out stuff that works well. THANKS!

Replies

• caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi, I tried P90x for 1 week. You have to be highly motivated and very disciplined to accomplish the training. If you looked at the training program, part of the training is your diet. I have read several folks remark the diet is just as hard as the actual exercises.

I assume insanity is the same. I would recommend you find several folks in your area who want to get into either program and work out together. Unless you are an extremely highly motivated individual you will have trouble getting excited everyday to do the workouts and diet.

Good Luck!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    psh i wish i could get a group of people to workout with me but well the people i know are either busy or dont want to work out. lol plus i dont know that many people as i once did. lol
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    With P90x you have to purchase some equipment. Not much: a pull up bar, some hand weights, exercise bands (kind of like big rubber bands) and a yoga mat. I found that by joining a gym I could benefit from using their equipment and having people around me to motive me in working out. Plus I found out the gym I belong to has a daily workout group that mirrors P90x. I pay about $15 per month. You may look at something like this as well.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did about 2.5 weeks of P90X. the only problems i had with it was all the equipment needed and the length of the videos. I love insanity ... no equipment just you! And it's only about 45 minutes to an hour long. It's totally about preference.
  • alanabeehave
    Options
    Yeah IMO, p90x is ok, I don't mind the Kempo or the cardio x vid, but I don't have the time or patience to do 2hrs of yoga. Tony Horton, you'll eventually want to slap.
    Insanity is a good program but to an amateur, it runs the risk of injury. I did it when I was at my heaviest and had no idea about fitness and ended up with horrible shin splints.
    Do you have an iPad or iPhone?
    I like Nike fit club for vids. The workout are quick, 40-60 mins and efficient.