Bacne issue.. Please Help!!!

Options
Ok, so I have never been really big on working out and honestly before this month I despised it.. After a month of solid going to the gym at 5 am almost everyday, and sometimes going at night, I have learned to love it and look forward to my workouts. The only problem with this is that I have started getting really bad bacne and it is super painful. I don't know what to do about it. I shower as soon as I can after I workout, and put on all new clean clothes. My workout routine is from about 5-630am, usually about 30 min cardio, and about an hour of weights, so the only thing I can think of is maybe sweat drying on me is causing it. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could make recommendations or had experience with this, because it hurts constantly.

Replies

• BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    It's probably the sweat like you said. If you don't already shower after each workout make sure you do or at least freshen up with cleansing wipes. Otherwise, ProActiv has a body wash that can help with acne on other parts of the body besides the face. Good luck!
  • miss_grad
    Options
    Just curious, do you use a barbell when you exercise?

Some of the exercises I do consist of putting the barbell on my back... And holy hell, by the next day, I would break-out like mad along the nape of my neck and shoulders. Put two-and-two together and realized the barbell was filthy. I started wiping it down religiously before using it. The very first time I did it, my wipe thing was BLACK.

Also, if you sit back against any seats for the machine exercises, you may want to wipe down those, too.
  • Aereon
    Aereon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It could also have to do with the clothing you are wearing when working out - things irritating your skin/not letting it breathe.
  • danafoxx
    Options
    i agree with wiping down the equipment, but also if you get some cleansing wipes with salicylic acid in them and wipe your back real quick before you change clothes that my make a world of difference! neutrogena's grapefruit cleansing wipes are awesome and they smell great :) i use them after working out/whenever i feel sorta grimy and they rule. good luck!
  • islebutterfly09
    islebutterfly09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much.. yall are right, i should start cleaning the equipment before I use it. I got some stuff from target by neutrogena that is like a spray, with the salicyclic acid in it, made specifically for body acne issues. Haven't used it yet, but praying this will be my solution.. :)