Alli-thoughts?

Options
I've just started taking Alli. Just wondering if anybody else has tried it, and what your results were?

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I think a calorie deficit and exercise is good enough.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I tried it a long time ago. You really had to stick to a super low fat diet. They are not kidding when they say you will have oily leaky stools. And in my opinion if you have to be eating the super low fat diet anyway you will lose the weight. So why not just start there in the first place and skip the sharts. <--if you don't know, google it :wink:
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My moms on it. And my aunt dropped like 80 lbs fast on it. .. Seriously if you've got a good chunk of weight to lose I say go for it. If my BMI was high enough I would deff buy it... Yea you'll **kitten* a lot.. My god so embarrassing no not really if your mature enough to realize its teaching u a healthier way of eating. Sme may disagree but if you need the help and it is working.. Shoot stick with it .. & good luck love bug ❤
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    you wanna take greasy dumps? be my guest.
    me, i'll take nice healthy ones like i should.

hailzp's got it...eat well and EXERCISE.

make a lifestyle change. quick fixes generally fall short.
  • riotshows
    Options
    I think you should do what works for you. Some people are very opinionated (although that is what they were asked for) I think people who have knowledge of success or failure should be the ones commenting.
  • skullshank
    Options
    I think you should do what works for you. Some people are very opinionated (although that is what they were asked for) I think people who have knowledge of success or failure should be the ones commenting.

you must be new here so i'll be gentle...

have a good look around on this site in the forums and you will see a consistent pattern...the quick-fix BS fad diet, pills, and powders are the wrong way to go. they either dont work at all, or give quick results that are then negated when the person stops and hasnt altered their life and changed the behaviors that got them here in the first place. will alli work? sure...it might...now you can eat all the cake you want and it'll come sliding out of your *kitten*...mission accomplished? hey...get on HGC too!! double your loss!!!

once youve found all of THOSE threads in the forums, then have a look at the success stories and what DOES work. healthy eating at a healthy defecit and calorie-burning exercise. i know...shocking, right?

these "hey does *insert product here* work?" threads are a dime a dozen and they all seem to go the same way.

but hey...i'll step aside and let those who have had great long-lasting results with alli chime in.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 yrs my aunt still kept the weight off without exercise... Would you like a picture? I don't think it's right to badger someone for using a supplement . Some do work and yes your absolutely right some don't. If anyone is gullible enough to believe they can use a pill to lose weight .. Lose the weight .. & then jump back into eating burgers and maintain it.. Is frankly out of there mind. But for the record I do know people who have used it and had long term success and people who are currently on it.
  • riotshows
    Options

you must be new here so i'll be gentle...

have a good look around on this site in the forums and you will see a consistent pattern...the quick-fix BS fad diet, pills, and powders are the wrong way to go. they either dont work at all, or give quick results that are then negated when the person stops and hasnt altered their life and changed the behaviors that got them here in the first place. will alli work? sure...it might...now you can eat all the cake you want and it'll come sliding out of your *kitten*...mission accomplished? hey...get on HGC too!! double your loss!!!

once youve found all of THOSE threads in the forums, then have a look at the success stories and what DOES work. healthy eating at a healthy defecit and calorie-burning exercise. i know...shocking, right?

these "hey does *insert product here* work?" threads are a dime a dozen and they all seem to go the same way.

but hey...i'll step aside and let those who have had great long-lasting results with alli chime in.

Don't assume that being new here has anything to do with success at losing weight and getting healthy. It has been my experience that each person has to find there own way to personal success. As they go through this process they will find the
    answers that they need. You cannot necessarily jump the cue. It is all about learning and experiencing, of course reading all the ideas and successes others have had on this board is a valuable tool as well.

I don't owe anyone an explanation as to what my ideals are however I have lost and maintained weight for more than 10 years. That is success. I am within 10 lbs of my optimum healthy weight and it is of course more difficult as I go.

I have never given up or given in...but I have enjoyed my life and choose to enjoy what I eat and mostly eat clean food. I do however eat snacks to curb my cravings and to keep me satisfied. I feel very successful and am now using MFP as just one
    more tool.
  • riotshows
    Options
    reposted response
  • nursewhitman
    nursewhitman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • nursewhitman
    nursewhitman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've just started taking Alli. Just wondering if anybody else has tried it, and what your results were?

Well, you already have it, so I wish you luck with it. I figure if you have the money and you are willing to try it, go for it. I had a friend try it with NO success. Of course, she was also still eating fatty foods and partaking of the doughnuts on Friday at the office. Sounds like you are already on a path of interest in eating well.
    Good luck.
  • helenx55
    helenx55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    IMO, they are crap scuse the pun! You get all stomach cramps and have to be near a toilet ALL the time. It's just self induced squits.
  • skullshank
    Options
    Don't assume that being new here has anything to do with success at losing weight and getting healthy. It has been my experience that each person has to find there own way to personal success. As they go through this process they will find the
    answers that they need. You cannot necessarily jump the cue. It is all about learning and experiencing, of course reading all the ideas and successes others have had on this board is a valuable tool as well.

I don't owe anyone an explanation as to what my ideals are however I have lost and maintained weight for more than 10 years. That is success. I am within 10 lbs of my optimum healthy weight and it is of course more difficult as I go.

I have never given up or given in...but I have enjoyed my life and choose to enjoy what I eat and mostly eat clean food. I do however eat snacks to curb my cravings and to keep me satisfied. I feel very successful and am now using MFP as just one
    more tool.

i was only pointing out your newness to the community because you may or may not know how many threads like this exist, and how most of them go.
    yes, its all about learning and the process...but if people can give someone a push in the right direction, why not?! would you rather people stand by and allow them to set themselves up for failure? when i first got here, i read.....and read.....and read....and the reading i did and the friends i added on here steered me in the direction toward success.
    i think it's great that youve lost and maintained your weight for so long...that's a real feat! congrats! to what do you owe this success? dedication? eating clean? exercising? ALLI? rhetorical, of course...but i am trying to make a point.

sweetcheeks...how much has your aunt lost? sure...post a pic! in addition to the alli, did she alter anything else she was doing? is she still taking the alli? would she have been successful if she merely implemented the lifestyle changes (if she made any) and skipped the alli? again, rhetorical...but what im getting at is what the true key to her success was...

perhaps the OP could add some more info as to what she will be doing in conjunction with the alli (if anything) to get on the road to successful healthy weight loss...
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I tried these when they first came out, I ate quite healthy at the time so didn't really do anything for me, unless on the odd occasion I had an off day and indulged in a takeaway, and then I knew about it, stomach cramps, oily leaks, and a total lack of control of bowel movement. Need I say I didn't even finish the course, I feel nothing is bad in moderation and if you have a weight issue your always going to have to have you eye on the ball.
  • riotshows
    Options
    I didn't use suplements, but my sister does. She is having success, but I do worry that it may be short lived. She needs to go through
    the steps to see what works for her.
  • nicholelks
    Options
    I tried Alli in the past and at first I could see the fat oily substance in my stool. I quickly learned what foods were causing that and changed it. I lost weight in a healthy and consistent manner. Now I am back up in weight and trying to keep it off so I workout with a mixture of cardio and weights every day, and I am back to taking the Alli. My stools are looser, but nothing crazy. If I eat a bunch of pizza then I will see an embarrassing different, but I would definitely rather see that crap in my stool then to know its been ingested in my body! But to each their own. There is no magic pill, but sometimes I just need the little push for motivation. I know that there are a lot of people that dont believe in pills or any assistance other than the norm cut calories and workout regimen, but I ask those people to respect the needs of other people. Not everything works for everyone, but we are all in this battle together to find what works for us. I see so much hatred and anger in responses to these posts. I love that if I want the truth about something I can google the review on MFP but it really upsets me when I see people criticizing other people for asking for opinions or help. Weightloss doesnt come easily to everyone, and its definitely not a battle that needs bullies added to it. Im not talking to any certain individuals, but i hope that everyone takes what I said in the right way. God bless and Good Luck!
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you want it to work correctly, you HAVE to stick with a healthy diet and exercise and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch your fat intake at each meal.... don't eat fast food and take an Alli pill and think that it's okay because you're blocking the fat. You will have a very embarrassing and messy awakening.

If you use it the right way though, it will work! I know people who have used it to supplement their healthy diet and exercise regimen.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Paging DavPul, DavPul to the Alli thread....
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    FOR THE HORDE!!! YAAARRRR!! Oh, wait, sorry... I thought you were talking about The Alliance. As you were. I don't know anything about the other Alli.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.