Beef stew (calorie check please)

Options
Hi all. I struggle with calorie counting as I cook most things from scratch and use a lot of ingredients and its a lot of hassle working it out,but worth it to see what I'm consuming calorie wise. I'm going to right down the ingredients and calories for my beef stew,I'm working it out and it doesn't seem right. can someone take a look?

700g Asda dived slow cook casserole beef-791kcal
100g closed cup mushrooms-21 kcal
Tin of chopped tomatoes-128kcal
200g leeks 62 kcal
2tblspns of onion gravy grans-30 kcal
260g carrot barons 67 kcal
2tblespns Asda olive oil-246 kcal
100g red onion-38 kcal
100g cherry tomatoes-17 kcal
125ml red wine-85 kcal
2 tblspns marmite-20 kcal
2tblspns lee and perrins-20 kcal.
3oxo cubes-45 kcal.
3tblespns flour-86 kcal

total of 1646. and I think I would get 5 large servings from this,which would make it only 329 calories per serving which I think seems far too low! am I doing it all wrong?! help!

also sorry if this is in wrong section,wasn't sure between here,and "food and nutrition" thanks!

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Double check you're logging the right amount, add it as a recipe and let it add it all up for you, my tuna mornay shocked me at only 280 calories a serve, they're BIG serves but sometimes it's just a lot of low calorie ingredients.
    and sometimes you make egg and bacon spaghetti and have to go for a 2 hour walk after cos it was MUCH too much
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me!

D
  • haylz247
    Options
    yeah add it as a recipe and see what it says. sounds about right though.

i really want beef stew now! please send me some? :bigsmile:
  • tanda12
    Options
    yeah I think its about right,and thanks for the recipe tip,I didn't know about that feature,will save me a lot of time in the future! really makes you look at what you're eating when calorie counting! I want beef stew too,not making it untill tomorow! ill upload the recipe when I get chance:) thanks guys! x
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    :happy: bump sounds good to me!