calorie set level please help ?

Options
Ok so i am 5'1 and weigh 187lb. I don't know how to set my level for activity up. I work 5 days a week doing food prep and dishwashing and loading and unloadig dishwasher i am a kitchen assistant so on my feet for 3 hours four days a week and one day a week for 6 hours.Currently i have been tracking on sedentary and adding calories burnt on top of my 1200 and been left with around 350 calories left a day i burn at least 650 on my 3hours and around a 1300 on my 6 hour shift. But i am still not losing ? if i set it to light i only get 1400 calories i am worried that will put me in starvation mode with the amount of calories i burn especially on my long day a week ! ? what should i do ?

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've set it on active and it's still only giving me 1200 calories yet i will burn that in one day on my 6 hour shift ?
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Set it on active but maybe change the amount of pounds you want to lose to 1lb a week..that should bring it up some...play with it and see what it comes up with....it can always be changed
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    If you set it on active then you have to quit counting what you burn just working. You would then log only those actual "exercise" periods that are in addition to what you normally do.
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    but if i quit counting what i burn on my long day i would be in starvation mode surely ? i have 1200 calories and burn 1000 straight off ? giving me just 200 calories worth of food after its burnt off for that day ?
  • staceyb_2003
    Options
    i've changed it to lose 1lb a week and its given me 1680 thats more like it ... crap that i cant lose more than a lb a week though :-(
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is healthy, some weeks you'll find you lose more anyway. I'm 5ft 2 and now 153lb and get 1340 a day on lightly active and have lost 24lb in 13 weeks.

No point being hungry, in the long run that will cause you to fail.
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Really you need to know your BMR, fitness frog is a good site to go on to calculate you BMR. I'm 5'6.5 weigh 168.9lbs and my BMR is 1607cals these are the calories I'd need to just sit on my backside and do nothing everyday. So I've set my net cals to 1500 as a base mark.