So confused...BMR

Options
I was hoping someone could help me out with all this information because Im totally confused...

Im taking in about 1500 calories a day....
My BMR is 1,495 (Is this if I just sit around and did nothing all day??)
I exercise 75 minutes per day usually 6 times a week. I go untill I burn 600-700 calories. Combining weights/cardio
My Normal Daily Activity says I burn 2,110 calories a day (Is this including the exercise I imputed)

Questions....is my BMR and Normal Daily Activiy the same thing basically???

Am I taking in enough Calories?

Like most of you LOL I work 5 days a week 40 hours...on my feet. Im a manager at a Sports Authority...my 8 hours is spent on my feet walking the "Race track" as we call it. I wore a pedometer a few times just to see how much walking Im doing...and on a typical workday I walk anywhere from 5-7 miles per shift. I do this 5 times a week...then I come home and do my normal 75 minutes of exercise with an average 600 calorie burn.

Thanks for any help!
Michelle

Replies

• TwentyTen
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Michelle. I too, get confused with all the numbers sometimes. Yes BMR is if you do nothing all day, and the Normal Daily Activity is from whatever activity level you entered when signing up, so it gets added to how many calories you need. Then the exercise you log for a day is added onto that.

Sounds like you may need more calories. I am struggling with these numbers for myself as well. Want to get them right.
  • inkprincess
    Options
    Personally, I think you should eat alot more if you're that busy/active. At least 1800 cals.
  • fozzy33
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing...it says I should be doing 1200 calories on my food log, but I dont think that's right.....I know I need at least 1500....I sometimes go up to 1800. Im comfortable at 1800 and have been seeing results with that.....