I'm new

Options
I was introduced to this site by a friend. I have gained 20 lbs from being depressed. It all went to my belly. I feel very unattractive and like a man, instead of the woman I am. I am hoping that keeping track of what I eat will help me get back to the old me. I've taken steps to improve the rest of my life, so I guess it's time to start tackling this extra weight I am carrying around. 20 pounds seems like a mountain to me. So I am glad to be a part of a group of people who share my struggle.

Best of luck to all of you who are on this journey!

Stitchy322

Replies

• clarabell38
    Options
    Good Luck! you can do it! ive only been on this site for 1 week and ive already lost 6lbs, but i do know i wont loose that much every week, i will be happy if i lost 1lb a week.
    Clare :)
  • apldumplin
    apldumplin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the group. I am Elaine,and I just joined last night. I know all about feeling unattractive and needing/wanting support. It is hard to lose weight and just remember to take it one day at a time,one step at a time. And I am sure you will find many friends here to support you. Feel free to add me,Im always looking for friends and support and I'd be happy to support you. Have a great week, Elaine
  • Stitchy322
    Options
    Way to go!! I wish I could lose 6 lbs in one week! That would be a great start!!
  • Stitchy322
    Options
    Thanks Elaine!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Good luck-I love this site!
  • LittleJo47
    Options
    Hi, I am new, I joined last night, I am 62 and have put on some ,extra weight in the belly and it is very unattractive, so I am here and ready to start losing the extra pounds, it's good to see I'm not alone.