Suggestions on high protein, low carb (not no carb) meals...

Options
2»

Replies

• PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am about to make my muscled MMA fightin hubby a protein filled breakfast for his birthday today.
    Take black forest ham slices and layer one or two (or even three if they are thin) inside the holes of a cupcake pan. Now for filling you can do many things, you can add scrambled tofu, egg sub, egg whites, scrambled eggs (still liquid) with half the yolks or just whole eggs. Whatever you like. Place the egg choice inside the ham crusted pan holes and top with some low fat cottage cheese or shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes on 350 or until middle is done. Eat with a side of steel cut oats made with almond milk.
    Total protein estimate for meal with two egg ham cups and half cup of oats
    25-30 grams depending on how much of everything you use.
    The recipe part of the food section will count it all out for you to make sure.
    I hope you try and like it! Super easy and full of protein.
  • Fit4LifeNow65
    Fit4LifeNow65 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Quality whey protein shakes are an easy way to get protein without a lot of fat and carbs...if you watch the brand to make sure it isn't full of sugar. They are my go-to for breakfast and lunch especially during the week. Quick and easy and you can add lower carb fruits likes berries or even peanut or almond butter (good with chocolate). You can change your health!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Diet is crucial for controlling weight, but don't overlook exercise. Exercise is important if your trying to improve your metabolism. A combination of both cardio and strength training works well for most.

http://diabetes.webmd.com/strength-training-diabetes
  • skessa
    Options
    Try eating more beans and lentils. Yes, they do have carbs, but not nearly as much as grains, and they have proteins. And one can use them for such a lot of stuff - lentil stew with smoked salmon is delish, for example, but one can even bake cakes with beans instead of flour (yes, that works, and it doesn't taste like "weird cake something was substituted in" at all. It just tastes cake.) Okay, it's mostly people who have to avoid gluten who do that, but if you got a low-carb sweetener you like, a cake like that actually gets kinda healthy. :wink:
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you get this book from amazon " It Starts with Food" It will help you understand what you are going through! It is $9.99 kindle version. Also check the primal/paleo group because others are going through the same thing. You can reverse this with your diet. Get the knowledge you need. Good luck.

This and you probably won't have to take the medicine for the rest of your life.

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but instead will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas Edison