I just came back to MFP last week....

Options
I've lost 6.5 pounds my first week back. My first goal is 40 by Xmas. I know it's high, but I think I can do it. My husband moved for a new job and it will be 15 weeks before I see him again. Id love to see him again and have him be in shock at my weight loss so far. I keep coming to the success stories on here to keep me motivated. If anyone want to help each other stay motivated and share eating ideas please add me as a friend.

Replies

• Ckmucci
    Ckmucci Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What isnyour plan to accomplish losing 40 by Xmas? I am logged in and reading MFP for the first time in many months. It's Saturday and I'm trying to motivate to get healthy... Yep, once again. I also have about 40 to lose, but I'll take the 25 I lost in the spring and managed to pack back on already. This coming Monday has got to be the day... Since the weekends are so hard for me to wrap my head around the first days of detox:)). And by detox I mean getting away from the processed, sugary, fatty stuff I somehow seem addicted to at times. I would love any motivation available- I need it and am willing to reciprocate:))). Just gotta start going in the right direction!
  • juliann95
    juliann95 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've got my calories set at 1500 a day. And I'm not eating back my workout calories. I'm also wearing a heart rate monitor any time I am active to see how many calories I am burning. I trying to burn at least 3500 calories a week by just being active. And watching my calorie intake. Whenever I start feeling unmotivated I come to the message boards and start reading success stories. I know 40 by Xmas will be a hard goal. I'd be happy with 25 by Xmas. Actually I should say I would be happy to show up.in INdiana when I finally move and have my husband notice my weight loss. As long as he notices I will be happy.

I think what's keeping me motivated is that I want to make this change not just for m. But for my daughter and my husband. We've also been trying for baby #2 for about 4 years. Infertility is a rough battle. Hopefully with making a lifestyle change will help us get pregnant after the move, either on our own or with fertility treatments again.