Disappointed... fell short

Options
I know I shouldn't be disappointed at all because I am seeing much success but it still gets me down when I am so close to a milestone but fall just short. Got on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in and it read 200.2! it's progress yes, but I so was looking to see it be 199 point something.

I know I will hit it next week, but man it's like returning a movie and getting a late fee when your only 2 minutes late. I am sure I am not the only one out there that has experienced this.

There, I said my piece. I feel better now. :smile:

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    One week is nothing compared with a lifetime. You are doing it anyway.
  • mrramsey
    Options
    One week is nothing compared with a lifetime. You are doing it anyway.

Yes, that's pretty much how my wife put it.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!........It seems there is always something special about dropping below some numbers.... it's brutal but it took me DAYS to break through some numbers......waiting for you in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! come on over!!!!!!!!!!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I thought I had the same problem, I didn't lose anything my first 2 months on here, scales simply said 65 kilos... day after day, SO horrid, but I just kept going I knew something had to change, and I'm glad I did, turns out the scales were broken ha ha!
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I've been bouncing up and down two pounds all month; if I could just lose two I'll be at 50 lbs lost! I know how you feel I really do it's such a bummer when you're hoping to see a number and you don't quite get there. We'll both get there though!!!
  • jennifurh
    Options
    I know it sucks, but just remember that you are doing good things for your life and there are some things you can or cannot help that goes into it. Just reevaluate and remember that. For example, I would do so much better if I would lose the cokes at work!! But I stress out and bam!! I am getting another one out of the machine. I definitely understand where you are coming from as my body bounces back and forth. It always has so I know that, but it still doesn't make me happy when I want to see results!!! Just hang in there and keep going. It will happen and pray about it!! God is Awesomeness!!!
  • jennifurh
    Options
    I know it sucks, but just remember that you are doing good things for your life and there are some things you can or cannot help that goes into it. Just reevaluate and remember that. For example, I would do so much better if I would lose the cokes at work!! But I stress out and bam!! I am getting another one out of the machine. I definitely understand where you are coming from as my body bounces back and forth. It always has so I know that, but it still doesn't make me happy when I want to see results!!! Just hang in there and keep going. It will happen and pray about it!! God is Awesomeness!!! :happy:
  • mrramsey
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!........It seems there is always something special about dropping below some numbers.... it's brutal but it took me DAYS to break through some numbers......waiting for you in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! come on over!!!!!!!!!!

Onederland will be nice to see! lol
    turns out the scales were broken ha ha!

Glad to see you are now recording some success. I am sure you will reach your goal.
    We'll both get there though!!!

I am confident we will :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you should have had a dump, then got on the scales again....

seriously though, just think how happy you will be next week when its 198 or less!
  • mrramsey
    Options
    you should have had a dump, then got on the scales again....

seriously though, just think how happy you will be next week when its 198 or less!

Haha, yeah I thought about that. but alas I have to keep to my schedule of weighing in right when I get up.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!
    Just keep motivated!
    You can do it :D

xx
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Number on the scale
    Beautiful skin
    Better measurements
    Clothes fit better
    More energy
    Joy
    Compliments from loved ones
    Freedom from bad habits
    Healthier heart, lungs, muscles, joints
    Pleasure in exercise
    Strength
    Beautiful muscles
    Greater Enthusiasm
    Increased Creativity
    Fun

WHY did you put the Number On The Scale at the top of the list?
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I believe we all experience it at some point during our journey to get fit. I do often. Every time I step on the scales I hope for a certain weight, but sometimes I get disappointed, then I remember how far I have come and how far I plan to go. This isn't an overnight venture, it is something that must last a lifetime.
  • mrramsey
    Options
    Number on the scale
    Beautiful skin
    Better measurements
    Clothes fit better
    More energy
    Joy
    Compliments from loved ones
    Freedom from bad habits
    Healthier heart, lungs, muscles, joints
    Pleasure in exercise
    Strength
    Beautiful muscles
    Greater Enthusiasm
    Increased Creativity
    Fun

WHY did you put the Number On The Scale at the top of the list?

MinMin you are so right! Normally I don't put the numbers to the top but this week was hoping for the ones.
  • DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should weight yourself less ie once every 2 weeks then the rewards are greater
    xx
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I am 5 away from Onerland and I thought I might get there this month. Maybe next month. We just have to keep rolling and we will accomplish what we want. I get so close then bounce back up 3 lbs. Stick with it and it will happen. Good luck.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Makes getting there that much more special.

Onederland is a dream for me, and its going to be quite a trip just to get to twoderville, but I am going to get there.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    On my quest to my goal I was 1.2 short. I've never been that low again, kinda stopped being so goal concentrated and enjoyed life and food a little, but work harder in the gym now than I have ever. I think I'm ready to go for it again but I'm just going to let it happen not set a date.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would feel the same way. I havent seen under 200 in yrs and now Im 11 pounds away! I cant wait until the day Im out of the 200 club. just think by this time next week you will be below 200!! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work-try not to be discouraged.:drinker:
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should weight yourself less ie once every 2 weeks then the rewards are greater
    xx
    good advice! easier said than done but i may give this a try!!!