Mental and spiritual impact your weight loss?

Options
How much do you think your mental and spiritual impact your weight loss?

Replies

• leska1216
    Options
    If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're still right. It's all about the mindset. I try to stay positive, feels so much better than being negative.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I have lost roughly 18-20 pounds. I find that I am generally in a good mood. However, I do need a vacation. Been very spiritual for a while. Keep feeling the Lord is tell me to do certain things. Maybe why I am here.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    when you think you can you can..

when you think you can't....you won't

positive thinking is everything in this battle...
  • Cole114a
    Cole114a Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. I could not have gotten this far without Christ guiding me. He is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Him.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    murrr_zps31282659.jpg \m/
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Isn't it everything?:) Maintaining perspective and a good attitude is essential.
    Otherwise, I think there is a tendency to not see all the improvements and benefits from the changes in habits, patterns and health.
    Also creativity is needed to make the changes happen, and to enjoy the process:)
    Creativity is staunched if a positive outlook is not there.
    I want the whole package, if possible....mental, spiritual and emotional health.
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think it has to go the other way around. Your mind has to be affected before you can make a real change in your lifestyle. At least this is how it began with me. I had to heal my mind and think of my emotional well being and then the changes began to happen.

It was easier to change because I began to love and believe in myself. I had to learn to do that before I could take care of my physical body. Now I find myself in a great mood most of the time. I can look at myself with pride and affection. I know why I am taking this health journey and why I want to be healthy and live a better life. Every day is a new adventure in fitness and health but most importantly in learning about this new person I see in the mirror. :)
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    I think that when I'm in sync....spiritually mentally and physically ,...I am at my best and have the most succes with weight loss. We are all dynamic, so one can influence th other,......if I'm stressed about something for example,....working out or hitting a fitness goal reall improves my mood or mindset.
  • healthyformeanMona
    Options
    Very much, in at least two ways. At least for me. Stress of the mental and spiritual kind (and aren't we fighting spiritual warfare, not against flesh and blood?) makes me want the quick fix of comfort foods. This keeps my hands and mouth and body occupied so I am not doing the life work I should be. The other thing, for me, is I think this kind of stress-mental and spiritual, make a body work less efficiently. Humans are complex, all parts of us overlap with the other, at least it seems so for me, emotional, spiritual, and physical.
  • InHisTime48
    InHisTime48 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him. Ps 28:7.
    It all goes hand in hand, mind, body and spirit. If one is off balance, the others struggle. Same with work, home, play - all needs balance. I was so unbalanced that my health suffered greatly.
    Another thing that helps greatly is positive encouragement. It hurts my heart when I see negative comments in the reader boards. I haven't asked for friend invites for fear of getting that negativity turned on me!