My AMAZING (to me) NSV that just happened!

Options
dsn1118
dsn1118 Posts: 15 Member
I've never started a topic here before, but I am so excited I had to share this. I live in a small tourist town, so there are frequently people asking for directions. I was out walking on the main street, and this car pulls over, the super fit guy rolls down the window and says, "You seem pretty healthy... can you tell me if there's a gym around here?"

OMG OMG OMG!!! Some stranger stopping and telling ME that I look healthy? I wanted to jump through the window and give him a big hug, but held back and gave him directions to the YMCA 4 miles away instead. I've lost 50 lbs so far, but still have probably 50-60 to lose, so I still look overweight. That man, whoever he was, made my day, and although I was in the home stretch of my walk I finished with a renewed spring in my step and big grin on my face. :) Came home and told my husband and instead of "thats great" I got a lecture on being careful when talking to strangers that pull up in cars. Didn't want him to bring me down, so came here to share instead.

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tee hee, great NSV!
  • jobee3
    jobee3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    It is amazing the joy a random compliment can give, we should all try to remember that in our day to day lives.
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    Options
    Love the NSV'st that's great news!!! Congrats.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be proud!!!
  • rmf626
    Options
    I loooove this story! People have absolutely no idea how a few kind (and truthful) words can brighten our hearts! Way to go!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how someone's kind words can just make your day!!! I say - remember that and use it in the future to make somone else feel great! Awesome for you - what a great compliment!
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! and its not as if you got IN the car. x
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    That is a great story.

I was at the nail salon the other day and the lady at the next pedicure chair and I were chatting. We got on to talking the change in the weather and fashion. She told me."Well---- you are slim, you can wear anything" Needless to say It made my day..

Keep up the good work--and yes you look more fit in the "during" photo.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! A random unprompted compliment is really the best kind. :)
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous compliment, enjoy it, you certainly deserve it, you've done so well!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That is great - congratulations - and my husband would probably give me the same lecture - LOL:laugh:
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That is very cool! It just serves to remind us that what we say can impact someone's day, even if we don't realize it at the time.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    keep up the great work that next 40 will be gone before you know fit woman!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Fantastic to hear about the random stranger compliment!!! Ya just gotta love it!! Congratulations!!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Those kinds of comments from random strangers are the best. About a month ago I had somebody I never met refer to me as the "fit guy". I rode that high for weeks. :D

Good for you, you earned that one.
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your poor insecure husband- he must have been jealous!!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; that's an amazing NSV! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!