Having trouble finding Chilli

Options
I'm haveing trouble finding homemade chilli in the database. What do ya'll put in?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If you are making homemade chili, you should probably just enter your own recipe, so you have an accurate calorie count. There is no way of knowing if someone else's entry is accurate for the food you are eating. Their chili could have entirely different ingredients.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Ditto.
    My own recipe varies from batch to batch.
    But my favorite is no bean, with stew beef or sirloin tip, tomatoes, lots of fresh jalpeños and habañeros. Takes me a week to make it properly. Let it sit for a week after the first cook, then do the second cook.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm haveing trouble finding homemade chilli in the database. What do ya'll put in?

There are tons in the data base if you jsut don't have the time to enter your own recipe...but they are under "Chili" One L not two.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Try spelling it with one L There are lots of entries under chili
  • stunr55
    Options
    mod please remove
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yup. One L.

*And fishgutzy, I am assuming your chili is in the fridge while it sits for a week, right?
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Funny...I just added chili to "my recipes" literally 5 minutes ago. Guess it's a chili kind of day!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    If you are making homemade chili, you should probably just enter your own recipe, so you have an accurate calorie count. There is no way of knowing if someone else's entry is accurate for the food you are eating. Their chili could have entirely different ingredients.

This.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to build your own recipe in the recipe builder... the database here is worthless if you are doing your own creations to be honest...
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I create my own recipe then save it without saving to the database, and reuse it when I make my own chili :)

nom nom!!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Ditto.
    But my favorite is no bean, with stew beef or sirloin tip, tomatoes, lots of fresh jalpeños and habañeros. Takes me a week to make it properly. Let it sit for a week after the first cook, then do the second cook.

...the way chili was meant to be made - man after my own heart!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Ditto.

Good man. :smile: