Couch to 5km --- Awesome apt for ipod/iphone

Options
:bigsmile: I just did my first couch to 5k walk/run. It is a apt that we added to our Ipod and . It is awesome It cost 1.99 and it plays with your music. The voice tells you when to walk and when to run. It starts and ends with a 5 min brisk walk. Then you run for 1min and walk for 1.5 min; there is 8 rotations of this. It then encourages you to walk for about 5-7 min after that for a cool down. My dh and I hope to beable to run 5km by the summer.
a few seconds ago · Comment

Replies

• gurlondrums
    Options
    Yeah, I was eyeing that up for a while. I just bought my iPod Touch yesterday and when I finish my Insanity program, I'm gonna do the C25K program using that app. Can't wait. Good luck to you and DH. :drinker:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do you have to have the ipod touch....I have the ipod nano...the newer one with the screen.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was eyeing that up for a while. I just bought my iPod Touch yesterday and when I finish my Insanity program, I'm gonna do the C25K program using that app. Can't wait. Good luck to you and DH. :drinker:

DEFINITELY wait til your done with insanity before you start C25K! I was doing two a days with both and I messed up my foot. GRRRRR! I had to take off working out this entire week to let it rest.
  • gurlondrums
    Options

DEFINITELY wait til your done with insanity before you start C25K! I was doing two a days with both and I messed up my foot. GRRRRR! I had to take off working out this entire week to let it rest.

Yeah, I'm not doing anything right now. I feel like I'm dying half the time as it is now.:laugh:
  • hallswan
    Options
    hi - which app is the better one - the Couch to 5k by Felt Tip Inc or the C25K by Alex Stankovic?
  • candylea
    candylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • candylea
    candylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The one that I bought is called Get Running. It is a UK based company and it was $1.99. I have not tried any of the others but from some of the reveiws, this one sounded the best because it pauses your music when the prompts come up so you don't miss anything.

BTW, I am Holly's DH in case she does not reply.

Good luck to anyone starting this.