What exercise surprised you…One you now really enjoy?

Options
For me it was cycling. I haven't rode a bike since I was like 17...and I recently started riding again in July. I am now a MKT & KATY Trail junkie.

P.S. I hate windy days!

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Zumba and cycling. I didn't know how into Zumba I would get and cycling I thought my knee would be bothered by it, but it's not and I love long bike rides!
  • Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    blurpees or up downs. At first they seem really intimidating and hard on the body, but if done correctly are really awesome!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting - I swear, I was born to lift. And the benefits go in all directions - I feel like I can punch like a beast, just from working on push and bench presses, jump much higher from squats, and my flexibility is definitely improved!
  • Converse00
    Converse00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love cycling, running, and playing volleyball!
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Running! At school I hated running - I would hide in the bathrooms and have a cigarette with my friends instead of going to gym class during athletics season. Now I love it! (and I haven't smoked for 8 years either!)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    All of it really, but mostly running...when you start out at 323, you never expect to be a runner.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Running for me too! I never ever wanted to run for anything (there'll be another bus later etc), absolutely hated it in school. It's now the one exercise guaranteed to give me that mystical "exercise high" I never believed in. So much so that I've decided to join a running club to improve my running ability.
    Options
    Hands down, running. I loathed running when I was younger, like from the depths of my being. Started running this year to help with weight loss, and I can honestly say, I feel fantastic afterwards, it leaves me with tons of energy.
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Running for me too, never thought I would ever say that, but now I am training for a 10k and considering doing a half marathon this time next year. I hated hated hated running at school and would do anything to get out of it.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    lifting - I run for the health and calorie burn, and cycle a bit to get to the gym cos it's quicker and cheaper than driving! But lifting is FUN! I feel good while doing it, I feel good after doing it, and I (hope I'm going to) look good for doing it. What more can you ask for?

For someone who had never been in a gym before in my life and was petrified of all the machines & people, I find it totally amazing how quickly I took to it and how much I like it:)
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Does flamenco dancing count? Not technically exercise, but it does burn some calories and I love it!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    walking squats - love them but hate regular squats.