100# Goal and need friends!!

Options
I have a huge goal -- 100# and I need friends to join me on a weight loss journey. After having back problems (dislocateed rib) and knee surgery my weight has ballooned...along with my pant size!

Currently I hit the gym for a 2-3 hours a day at least 5 days a week. I'm strength training and doing cardio. I love riding my bike and hiking trails at the state park. I'm active and looking for some active friends who can encourage me when the monkey on my back makes too much noise.

As far as diet I am gluten intollerant and have a milk allergy (but that doesn't stop me from indulging occasionally...and paying the consequences). When I eat gluten or milk I get widespread inflammation...so sticking to meats, veggies, and fruits is the best way for me to go but that doesn't mean I don't slip up.

I'll answer any questions honestly -- probably because I lack what my friends call a filter. :)

So, if you need a friend to encourage you and you can encourage in return...friend me!!

Replies

• JoylynnAroundthebend
    Options
    I am starting my journey to loose 100#. Would really like to join a gym, but not sure if I would go all the time. At this point, I can't even imagine working out that much. I can't even walk the mall without having to rest.

Walking around the block sounds like a good place for me to start. May I use you as my inspiration?
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are well on your way to that goal. Good job with the exercise. I have lost over 100lbs in exactly one year. So this time next year that could be you too. And it does go by quickly.
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    Hi - you can do this! I've got 146# to lose and I've lost 88 so far. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it. When I started, I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without feeling tired and thinking, "I am SO out of shape." Now I jog and I've signed up for a 5K. I take the stairs any time I can. I bought a FitBit so I can track how many steps I take in a day and it shows my calories burned and automatically syncs with MFP. It's a slow process but it's amazing, too. MFP has given me some great friends who are always motivating me and I hope the same for you!

18198566.png[/url]
  • Sarah47201
    Sarah47201 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Of course! It took some time to get up to that especially after knee surgery and being in a cast for 4 weeks! I started out on the arc trainer doing 5 minutes at a time...and last time I cheated and ate a bunch of cheese puffs I did an hour!!